Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U2

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: U2

I won tickets to see them way back in 1987! They were only pitch standing tickets but myself and my sister had a good time at the gig. We were still students at the time and had previously decided that we couldn't afford to go so it was a nice bonus. I won't be seeing them this year in Dublin. All my money has gone on the Eagles and if there is anything left over it'll be Spandau Ballet.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

U2 is just simply awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! All of their songs are incredible and this is my all time favvie from them:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmSdTa9kaiQ[/ame]

I love Bono's voice in all of his songs.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I love them too

I absolutely love these guys. If I can ever afford it, I hope to see them live. Right now, however, my concert funds go elsewhere!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I absolutely love these guys. If I can ever afford it, I hope to see them live. Right now, however, my concert funds go elsewhere!
    I wanted to go on their last tour, but all the ones nearby were stadium concerts and you know, I don't do those.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

They are amazing in concert. I've probably seem them 30 or so times, going back to the first time I saw them at Woolsey Hall on Bono's 23rd birthday in 1983 on the War tour. That show remains one of my most memorable concert experiences ever. We were up in the balcony, which ran in a U shape above the orchestra. Bono climbed up a scaffolding and began walking on top of the railing of the balcony, which was about a foot wide, leaning toward the people in the balcony and having them hold on to his hand for balance, as he was still singing. It was actually a bit terrifying, as someone could have easily shoved him off the railing into the orchestra below. He climbed down in the audience about 5 feet from us and finished the song. Later, they brought out champagne and cake and everyone sang happy birthday.

I've seen them on every tour since, except on that dreadful pop mart stadium tour, and have never been less than floored by their shows. The Joshua Tree tour was probably my favorite, but the last few arena tours they have done have been great. My recommendation, if they tour arenas next time, is to do GA and try to get into the inner circle. It's an incredible experience to be in there.
    Last edited by NYC Fan; 03-24-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Border Desperado

I was glad to see U2 won a Golden globe award for their song in the Mandela Movie. I liked the fact that Bono had Larry, Edge and Adam say a little something when they won the award.

I have been a long time fan of theirs and was glad to hear they have a new album coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny Kingston View Post
    I was glad to see U2 won a Golden globe award for their song in the Mandela Movie. I liked the fact that Bono had Larry, Edge and Adam say a little something when they won the award.

I have been a long time fan of theirs and was glad to hear they have a new album coming soon!
    U2 is also one of my top bands. And the Ordinary Love song is one of my favorites. I especially like the acoustic version they did on Jimmy Fallon a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fum3g86zUPc

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love U2 so much as well!!! One of my all-time favorites too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I hope Soda has since gotten to see U2.

NYCFan, that's amazing you've seen them so many times. I've seen them about 4 times, including the "dreadful pop mart stadium tour" - which was really good! My favorite was probably the Zoo tour in '92 because it was my first time seeing them. They had been staying for a week in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania of all places, where I was living at the time. No one could believe the world-famous U2 was hunkered down in our nowheresville town. They would drive (themselves, actually Larry Mullen was the driver) to Hershey Stadium every day and rehearse. It's an outdoor venue so my friend and I would stand in the parking lot and listen. They were amazing even in rehearsal, especially Edge. I still remember him playing these Hendrix-y bursts of sonic flame into the sky.

"October" is my favorite album. I love their early period, pre-Joshua Tree. They were so unique. Their music was passionate, beautiful and spiritual. I went through some weird resentment stuff when they went all mainstream and had Top 40 hits. You know how possessive and neurotic "early" fans can be. But I had to admit their music was still pretty damn good & eventually got over myself.