Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    I'm going to have to buy that! If my memory is correct, Slash mentions Marc in his book and talks about the photos being made into a book.
    Yup! Reckless Road is definitely worth the purchase. Tidbits of info about the band thrown in with really good photos from their early days forward.

There was a debate on the Les Paul forum about the year Slash's AFD recording guitar was made and that's what made me buy it because it shows hi res pics of it in there and you can find more info about it. In the guitar world there is so much hoopla around that '59 Les Paul replica and that Marshall amp Slash used on the record and trying to find out all about it. I never got that deeply into researching it but there are some on there that spend all of their days trying to figure out the exact gear used on that recording.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Marc was a CONSTANT in all their lives and they all mention him several times in their books. He was one of Slash's best friends and if memory serves me, Slash introduced him to everyone else. It was his father than ran a deli that they frequented and were allowed to practice in their garage.

The Ritz show is infamous. If you haven't ever seen the video of it, watch it. It's a bit grainy but it's worth it. They were in top form that night.

As for Slash oozing sexy..... couldn't agree more. Everything about him to me was rock n roll! One of the earliest memories of him was the whole hip swing during Rocket Queen.... OMG--- I would rewind and rewind and watch again. YUM!!!!

Lizzy- you cracked me up with the "needed a bath" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    As for the bios, I have not read them. I would like to read the one by Slash, but the others I don't really care to read. As for Adler, well he is a very sad case. He's lucky to be alive. Yes, I'm sure he would love to reunite with them, because he has been a pretty much lost cause since then. In the bio's, do they mention that Adler almost killed Alx's then girlfriend Erin by giving her a drug cocktail that almost killed her????She almost OD'd along with Alder when they did drugs together. Axl said he then fired him. I would like to read Axl's bio if he does one.
    Yeah--they mention it and about 100 other similar incidents. None of them were innocent including Axl.

As for Steven being a lost cause, he knows that and admits it. He also says that the only really good thing in his life was his years with GNR and he knows he f'ed up BIG when he continued with the drugs. He was doing what all the rest of them were doing but not handling it quite as well as the rest of them were able to. And the way he was pushed out of the band is and always will be a sore spot, not only for him but Duff and Slash also. They both say it was handled all together wrong.

Again, you might want to read all of the books, they really delve into all of it and for the most part, all the facts are pretty much the same in all 3 of the books. You might also feel a bit differently about Steven. I came away feeling sorry for him but also happy because he genuinely pretty much says he wouldn't change a thing and it was all worth it.
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 04-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

One of the earliest memories of him was the whole hip swing during Rocket Queen.... OMG--- I would rewind and rewind and watch again. YUM!!!!
    Thanks for prompting me to go watch that. Again. And, again.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Green Day to introduce G&R into the R&R HOF
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-...ame-induction/

Listening to Classic Vinyl on Sirius and the DJ just said that Axl just told some interviewer that he "will not, in the lifetime, perform with Guns N Roses".

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-r...-reunion-tour/

What a crock of $hit..... You think they could at least pull it together for the induction. But it doesn't even sound like that is possible at this point.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

"Rose’s crystal-clear reply? “Not in this lifetime.
    The acrimony between Axl and the rest of the guys is legendary, and with Slash recently saying Rose “hates his guts” and Steven Adler calling the new GnR members “hacks” and “scabs,” it doesn’t seem like anyone’s anxious to kiss and make up. And since questions still remain over whether Izzy Stradlin and Rose will even appear at the Hall of Fame induction, we’ll be pretty surprised if the whole gang is even willing to share the stage long enough to accept the honors before they go back to sniping at one another."

What a wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Well, I do give Axl credit for making a statement & he is very clear about the whole thing. I guess there should be no more speculation of a reunion. He has his reasons, he stated his case. It's over period. End of story. I'm glad he gave his explanation, so people won't expect him there. Everyone just has to accept it, It is what it is.

What a drama queen! I personally, think he's milking this for attention and publicity. He'll never earn the respect that Slash has earned in the music industry. Some may say he doesn't care and is laughing all the way to the bank, but I suspect that he DOES care no matter how much money he makes or may make in the future. He strikes me as one of those people who need constant reassurance of their greatness and superiority and likes having people jump through hoops to get to him, and/or do for him. As far as I know, there aren't that many prestigious (or not) musicians asking to work with him, nor have they... not to the extent of Slash's musical resume.

Of course, this is all just my take on the whole thing but I have been an avid GNR addict some before they were a household name and they were *THE* band of my time. Axl used to be the reason I loved this band so much but it didn't take me long to sort things out once they moved past the Appetite album and I realized that Slash was what rock and roll was all about.

I just got home and read the article in my email then came here and posted my feelings. I'm a bit tired, so I may have rambled and not made a lot of sense. Sorry!

My mind is Tiffany twisted