Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

You're probably right, because without the controversy continually stirring, Axl will eventually fall off the radar. It simply is NOT GnR with 1/5 of the original members! I could *possibly* fathom GnR without Slash (ok so not really) but, if it was 4 of the 5 original still in the band, but ONE? Oh blah, I'm just getting myself worked up all over again. The entire thing makes me mad.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Seriously, who doesn't think calling the current lineup GnR is a joke?! No one that I know! Why does he even bother to maintain the name?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

There are plenty of groups that have 1 member of the original group and still use the name. Mostly bands from the 60's & 70's. It depends on who has ownership of the name, & it looks like AXL does, so he gets to use it. Most fans are already aware of it, so it's not such a big deal. Guns & Roses were from the 80's so, yes, the band members are going to be different. People know if they see G&R that it's not going to be the same & they won't be seeing Slash. Originally Guns n' Roses was named for Tracy Gunns & Axl Rose. Tracy left the band before they even became famous. He later formed the band the LA Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    There are plenty of groups that have 1 member of the original group and still use the name.
    That doesn't make it any less lame. JMHO!

It's obviously used for the name recognition. I don't really think it's lame. There have been several changes in band members over the years. I think Adler was kicked out shortly after Appetite for Destruction was released.

Wow, just reading up on Steven Adler. Did you know that DON HENLEY filled in for Adler at the G&R performance at the Jan 1989 AMA Award show, because Adler was in rehab at the time. Now, Henley playing with G&R, wish I would have seen that one!!

It's on YouTube. You can't see Don very well except for a couple close-ups, but sure enough, that's him on the drums. He even sings a little backup at the end!

He's rockin' his late '80s look: long hair and sunglasses indoors. Don didn't even have hair that long in the seventies - unless you count the upward trajectory of his white man's 'fro.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfIEKM-YsnY[/ame]

Holy Crap, Soda, You ROCK girl. Thanks for finding that. I would have never known that was Henley if it wasn't listed. You can see him pretty good at 2.00 in the video. Wow, Who would have thought Don would be playing with these guys, an odd pair up. It's a small world after all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Holy Crap, Soda, You ROCK girl. Thanks for finding that. I would have never known that was Henley if it wasn't listed. You can see him pretty good at 2.00 in the video. Wow, Who would have thought Don would be playing with these guys, an odd pair up. It's a small world after all!!
    And I guess Axl returned the favor with backing vocals on "I Will Not Go Quietly." I heard that song for the first time in a long time the other day and it rocks!

Yes, I think Axl sang on Don's song first though. Pretty funny. I kind of like Don's look here. I never saw his hair that long!!! Looks cooool