For the rap/hip-hop, I listened to Run-DMC more, and I prefer the songs that have electric guitar. Rock Box and King of Rock feature it more, but in general, the rest of the songs from their first 2 albums are more drum and DJ-scratch heavy. If it's too emphasized on the drums, then it doesn't do much for me. It needs guitar. I don't know, it depends on the song. I didn't really like the 1st album that much, but the 2nd one is better.

To address Bob Dylan, I haven't listened to enough of his catalog. I couldn't name the eras that I'm familiar with. I like a couple songs, like Knockin' on Heaven's Door and Subterranean Homesick Blues. I just don't get it. RS magazine, I think, said that Like a Rolling Stone was the #1 song out of their 500 Greatest Songs list. I don't care for that song because of his singing. I can't get past the voice, even though the music is fine in that song. To me, he's overrated. I think he's a great songwriter, but as a performer, I just don't like his voice. I've watched bits and pieces of I'm Not There b/c one of my favorite actors, Christian Bale, plays Jack Rollins. I liked Mason Jennings' versions of the Dylan songs that Bale lip-synced in the movie, i.e. "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" and "The Times They Are a Changin." I didn't watch the whole thing b/c it was a weird movie to me and I'm not a Bob Dylan fan.