Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I was disappointed to get off of work, turn on my tablet, and see this line of talk is still going on. I know you are trying to explain yourself. But when people are obviously still being upset, it has become apparent that your rationale is not achieving your desired effect. I think most of us are here to enjoy conversations with other fans. Even if you are being misunderstood, it's not worth continuing to try and convince people when others are hurt. You're a young Eagles fan, and we are glad to see interest from the next generation. Welcome. Now, let's move on . And please keep in mind that people can be sensitive about artists they have loved for decades and lost. Thank you.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I was disappointed to get off of work, turn on my tablet, and see this line of talk is still going on. I know you are trying to explain yourself. But when people are obviously still being upset, it has become apparent that your rationale is not achieving your desired effect. I think most of us are here to enjoy conversations with other fans. Even if you are being misunderstood, it's not worth continuing to try and convince people when others are hurt. You're a young Eagles fan, and we are glad to see interest from the next generation. Welcome. Now, let's move on . And please keep in mind that people can be sensitive about artists they have loved for decades and lost. Thank you.
    I know that what happened was obviously not ideal. It's a shame. I take responsibility for it and I've apologized. I know I failed to convey my point to others. It's something I'll try to fix in the future. What I got frustrated with was people either not reading what I said or intentionally changing what I said. And there was a good amount of talking down to me which I found to be not appropiate. But I'm not going to respond to any posts and I don't hold grudges with anyone who responded to me

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I know that what happened was obviously not ideal. It's a shame. I take responsibility for it and I've apologized. I know I failed to convey my point to others. It's something I'll try to fix in the future. What I got frustrated with was people either not reading what I said or intentionally changing what I said. And there was a good amount of talking down to me which I found to be not appropiate. But I'm not going to respond to any posts and I don't hold grudges with anyone who responded to me
    If you have apologized, I have missed it. It's nice, if you have. I have had to apologize/take stuff back several times in internet forums.

Let me join those encouraging newcomers to peruse the thread before posting controversial statements which will inevitably stir up fans who have strong feelings about a very sensitive issue. The likelihood is that the argument has been made already... made a dozen times already, in fact.

If you really want to gain an understanding of the sides of the discussion, that's the way to do it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Agreed Soda.

Border Desperado

I couldn't agree more, Soda. I also think that persisting in having the last word (or comment) on any of the threads doesn't mean that person's opinion is the only one that is right. (sometimes they're partially or completely wrong...)
    Last edited by WKMB55; 09-17-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Here I am making a new post in this thread, because instead of the same old song we have a new one... literally.

We now have a song on the Dan Fogelberg tribute album that is released by the "Eagles" (Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit).

There now exists in this world an Eagles song that Glenn Frey had nothing to do with. To ME, that is so freaking wrong.

The fact that they are releasing a song as the Eagles now that Glenn is gone sets a precedent, and shows they have no compunction about doing so. We may very well see an "Eagles" album without Glenn.

The thought appalls me.

By the way, this also pretty much establishes that Vince Gill and Deacon are not really members of the "Eagles" but rather "Guest Stars" on the tour.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So now we have a song on the Dan Fogelberg tribute album that is released by the "Eagles" (Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit).

There now exists in this world an Eagles song that Glenn Frey had nothing to do with. To ME, that is so freaking wrong.

The fact that they are releasing a song as the Eagles now that Glenn is gone sets a precedent, and shows they have no compunction about doing so. We may very well see an "Eagles" album without Glenn.

The thought appalls me.

By the way, this also pretty much establishes that Vince Gill and Deacon are not really members of the "Eagles" but rather "Guest Stars" on the tour.
    And my heart is broken. Again.

I agree, the Eagles post the death of Glenn Frey recording a song for commercial value and/or purpose no matter how righteous the cause, in this case to honor Dan Fogelberg and support the Prostrate Cancer Foundation thru the donation of all profits, is indeed very troubling.

Personally, I wish Henley, Walsh and TBS had followed their original instincts , thoughts and feelings and not given in to demands from anyone or anything to record or perform live under the Eagles banner.

Not then. Not now. Not ever. But that's not what happened.

As i said earlier, I do plan to buy the CD but I am not pleased with Henley, TBS and Walsh recording under the Eagles name and can't help but feel betrayed and exploited. That's on them they had other options.

For me it comes down to honoring Dan Fogelberg and supporting the life saving goals/objectives of the Prostrate Cancer Foundation in spite of the Eagles, not because of them - and that is a painfully sad commentary.

Dawn
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-01-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Here I am making a new post in this thread, because instead of the same old song we have a new one... literally.

We now have a song on the Dan Fogelberg tribute album that is released by the "Eagles" (Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit).

The thought appalls me.

I agree with you Soda, but it isn't 'Eagles' regardless of how this is billed. It isn't and it never will be. As I said in the other thread I'm more upset that they managed to do this yet they couldn't do anything for Glenn. I was not a fan of Dan Fogelberg & no matter how worthy the cause is, I will not purchase this track, or listen to it. I have absolutely no interest in it.