Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential two don Henley inputs into seven bridges road

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Potential two don Henley inputs into seven bridges road

The link did not work for me either. I heard the TIE video and thought it was pretty cool too. When listening to SBR, I was shocked to hear how deep Felder's voice is. I have been looking at you tube videos (sorry Don ) and noticed that a lot of times Don Felder did not even sing backing vocals. Also noticed the same about Joe to a lesser extent. It would just be Glenn, Don, Randy and Tim.
    However, I love SBR, it is one of my favorite Eagles songs. I think it is a classic example of what was so special about them.

Border Desperado

Since there was obviously album quality recordings done from as early as 76, it makes you wonder how many times the Eagles had planned/attempted/contemplated a live album through the years, but for whatever reason abandoned it?

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Since there was obviously album quality recordings done from as early as 76, it makes you wonder how many times the Eagles had planned/attempted/contemplated a live album through the years, but for whatever reason abandoned it?
    It would seem that way, but I guess they waited until they needed to get "product" out. Or at the very least, the record label (Asylum) did. I recall them being offered millions of dollars for one or two new songs to add to the package when it was finally being produced. And Glenn absolutely refused.

Banned

Sorry about the link guys. I can't get it to work either .

The Best isn't the best band name when you want to google some info. I had to put the names of individual band members in the search engine.

Here's a link to audio of the entire show but there is a fair bit of video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPzaw34fyY

This is a superstar lineup of the band known as "The Best". Shot at the Yokohama Arena in 1990 and broadcast on Japanese Satellite, this is an awesome show of approximately 90 minutes featuring some of the greatest tunes of each respective artist as chosen by the other performers as their favorites.

00:00 Seven Bridges Road / Life In the Fast Lane 13:05
    07:29 My Wife 6:26
    12:15 Bodhisattva 4:23
    18:41 Fanfare For the Common Man 9:28
    28:09 Rikki Don't Lose My Number 4:45
    32:08 Simon drum solo 5:07
    37:41 Rocky Mountain Way 3:53
    45:54 Too Late the Hero 8:12
    53:57 America / Look At Us Now 7:29
    1:07:02 Boris the Spider 5:38
    1:11:26 Reelin' In the Years 4:39
    1:16:33 Takin' It To the Streets 8:02

John Entwistle - bass
    Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - guitar
    Joe Walsh - guitar
    Keith Emerson - keys
    Simon Phillips - drums

Rick Livingstone - vocals
    Hamish Richardson - backing vocals
    Angus Richardson - backing vocals
    Fergus Richardson - backing vocals

Stuck on the Border

If I remember right, Asylum wanted the live album because they were very big at the time and the record company knew the band would not be going much longer. Also, the Eagles were contractually obligated to give Asylum one more album. They were offered two mil. for two new song to include on the album and Glenn (and I think Don H.) refused. Glenn had already checked out and I think he did not care what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    The notion that there possibly could be recordings of other shows is tantalizing. And what happened to the rest of the concert from 1976? I can't help but wonder if someone is sitting on a goldmine (and who cares if some songs didn't get the overdub treatment).

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Sorry about the link guys. I can't get it to work either .

The Best isn't the best band name when you want to google some info. I had to put the names of individual band members in the search engine.

Here's a link to audio of the entire show but there is a fair bit of video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPzaw34fyY
    Thank you for that, Funk 50. I watched a couple of video clips from that concert a while back and took some screenshots of Joe. He wasn't in the best shape I'm sad to say. Yet he still managed to tear it up.

I didn't know they performed SBR. I thought I heard Joe at times but I could be wrong.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...