Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

I teach class in 20 minutes. I sure hope they interview Glenn before then!

ETA: He's on now! Woot!

Highlights:

- For Pebble Beach pre-game concerts, he started doing songs from the 40s at the request of a guy named "Clint" who was running things. Michael Bolton told him he should make a record of songs like that because he sounded great and the material was "suited to his voice." As a result, he started cutting demos and everybody thought they sounded great.

- He felt that any of his favorite songs that were "piano and voice" were appropriate for After Hours.

- Glenn says no matter how big your house is, you can only have one bed (with regard to how successful he is).

- The DJ (Mark? Brian?) brings up his role in Jerry Maguire and kind of summarizes his scene where he's on the phone with Tom Cruise. Glenn tells a story about how he got the part. He says Cameron Crowe called him to read for him, and at first it was for the Beau Bridges part - Bridges played a Texan. Glenn wanted to try to work on a Texas accent for the character. Crowe, apparently to avoid waiting for Glenn to perfect an accent, instead offered him the part of the team manager who blows Cruise off. Crowe told him, "I think you won't have any problem blowing off Tom Cruise." Glenn says, "Cameron thought I would be confident enough to do this." Glenn then compliments Cruise's professionalism.

- He's asked about Don Johnson; is he still friends with him? Glenn says although he doesn't see Johnson enough, whenever they get together, it's just like old times. The DJ tells him Don Johnson is playing somebody's father on some show (he named it but I didn't hear it clearly) and Glenn thinks that's cool.

- The DJ brings up Stevie Nicks and how she loves to come on their program. He says some successful classic rock groups just rely on back catalog and don't do new stuff. He asks where the Eagles are headed and Glenn makes jokes like "We're headed for walkers." He repeats the "Hotel California lap blanket" joke. He says "the clock is ticking" and they go "year by year" but this year is a quiet one.

- He says the DVD documentary about the Eagles is getting made by Alex Gibney who directed Smartest Guys in the Room about Enron and has won other awards for other projects. Glenn says he wanted someone who got nominated for/won "Best Documentary" at the Academy Awards to direct the project because he wants the best. Glenn hopes it'll be out by Christmas.

[My dang phone rang so I missed some of this! BOOOOO]

- Glenn gets complimented about duplicating the sound of the original recordings onstage when the Eagles play live.The DJ compares him to Paul McCartney that way. Glenn believes that's "so cool."

- The DJ asks him if it's a pain to get all the Eagles to work together, or if it's still creative and fun. Glenn says it's creative and fun most of the time. The biggest problem is the geography and Don living over in Dallas and Joe liking to go all over the place. He says Don had to sacrifice in order to make the commitment to finish Long Road Out of Eden. He also says no one wants to neglect their kids to make new music.

- He says the Eagles are "floating through this year" despite the fact that it's their 40th anniversary because they don't want to "muck things up" when some bands are doing their 50th anniversary tours.

- He's gonna play live with the Santa Monica high school orchestra at the Wiltern. These are the kids in his video.

- Rehearsals are going fantastic. He's going to play in New York City with the NYU orchestra.

- He's going to be on the Today show!

- He mentions the video on his official site.

- Glenn calls Joe "a big kid who happens to shred on the guitar."

- The DJ wants Glenn to act more. Glenn says he doesn't actively pursue acting, but if someone calls him up, he's interested! The DJ jokes that he loved Glenn in Titanic and Glenn says, "I know. Didn't I drown great?" then when the DJ replies "You broke my heart" Glenn adds, "I'm drowning again next month." lol!

No mention of new tour dates, I'm afraid.

Gotta run to class now!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Glenn has an upcoming interview on KLOS, 95.5 in Los Angeles, 9am PDT.

This is the announcement: http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16127

This is the Listen Live link: http://www.955klos.com/
    or
    http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16121

For people who might be interested in Babe of the Day, this is a good thing to have in your Facebook NewsFeed. For the rest of us, it's best used as a page to just visit and glance at quickly for news.

ETA: I can't believe I didn't put the date! Monday morning! 4/23
    I'm not able to listen live. I get a message that it is not available in my area due to regulatory restrictions. However, they do list podcasts of the shows after they have aired. I tried to listen to one & I am able to access that, so hopefully I can hear Glenn tomorrow through the podcast. It also gives the option to download, but I haven't tried that yet.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I got it on mp3 but that's probably some sort of copyright violation. Big news is he'll be on the Today show sometime before the NYC Town Hall show.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I got it on mp3 but that's probably some sort of copyright violation. Big news is he'll be on the Today show sometime before the NYC Town Hall show.
    I'm really glad that he is doing so much to promote the album! I hope that will transfer into more concert dates later on.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In other news, the LA show will be performed (some songs) with a high school orchestra. He said the NYC/Town Hall show will be with a different one.

He did not mention booking more shows.

When asked about the Eagles future in the next ten years, he said 'lap blankets', then clarified with 'Hotel California lap-blankets'. I believe he mentioned walkers as well. Then he said they plan one year at a time.

He referred to the Eagles touring schedule as 'a few shows this year'.

They hope to have the DVD documentary out by Christmas.

Mark and Brian talked about him listening to the Beatles and deciding he wanted to do that for the rest of his life. He said that happened to a lot of people, mentioned that he has friends who play small clubs and it doesn't matter what size the crowd is on whether you enjoy it (vastly paraphrased there). Mark or Brian mentioned that he had a bigger house than his friends. He said 'Well, yeah, but you can only have one bed.'
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

just waiting for the 9 am hour to come up on the podcast ( all the other hours are up from today so hopefully it won't be long)

http://markandbrian.com/blog.asp?id=33807

ETA: It's up!!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I heard the KLOS radio interview with Glenn this morning.
    I was happy to hear that for the LA show he will have the Santa Monica HS Orchestra play with him who he said were phenominal and in NY the NYU Orchestra. I'm looking forward to hearing the added dimension a back-up orchestra will bring to the performance.

He sounded great. Very upbeat and enthusiastic about the album and tour.

I'd never heard this before, but while discussing Joe Walsh, Glenn said they sometimes call him Pee Wee Hendrix because he is a big kid who can wail on a stratocaster.

He also talked about history of the Eagles double dvd they're working on. He hopes to have it out by Christmas!

OK, just got out of class and want to make a few comments before heading off to lunch.

I thought Glenn came across as very relaxed and funny.

I thought it was interesting how this project was partially inspired by Michael Bolton at a Pebble Beach concert! That's something I never would have guessed.

I'm so glad Glenn got the Cardinals coach part instead of the miniscule Beau Bridges part in Jerry Maguire. Crowe was right; Glenn below off Cruise like a pro, lol. Glenn saying he's interested if anyone calls him for a part makes me want to make a movie. Seriously, Hollywood needs to get their act together and offer more parts to Glenn!

It's neat that he's still close to Don Johnson. Those two seem like kindred spirits in a lot of ways.

I thought the recycling of the "old folks" jokes was kind of lame but hey, nobody's perfect - and as you guys know, recycled jokes is a pet peeve of mine. Free your inner funny, Glenn! lol

It looks like we shouldn't expect new music from the Eagles (I guess that's not much of a surprise) but it also sounds like they don't plan on retiring their act anytime soon.

I am so freaking excited about this documentary. It sounds like it's going to be something else!

I'm less impressed with exact duplication of records live than the DJ is but that's the way the Eagles roll. I still treasure those nuanced differences, though, like Glenn throwing in an extra "cloudy days" or Joe changing lyrics. Remember when they added a whole freaking verse to "Tequila Sunrise"? They can change it up a bit and stay true to the melody... ah well, it's not my call.

Selfishly, I think it kind of sucks that the only two shows I'm not going to also appear to be the most special. Well, maybe he'll pull an orchestra out for at least one of the others... shoot, I'm going to four out of six, and somehow I still manage to miss out?! Dang, I wanna go to the Wiltern show bad!

The fact that he doesn't even mention the possibility that there might be new tour dates at some point does not bode well.

Ending on an up note - I can't wait to see him on the Today Show!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks for all the comments about Glenn's interview! Missed it, of course! I sure wish he would have mentioned more shows to be announced.

I sure am glad to hear news about the documentary. It's evidently a sure thing! Can't wait for that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I wonder if he will perform on Today or just give an interview.
    I'll try and find out. Have a friend who works for NBC Universal. Fingers crossed for performing!