Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

Default Re: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

Paul Stanley was there and he tweeted that he was at Glenn's memorial service and another guy who's name escapes me post on his facebook about being at Glenn's memorial service last night.

Actually, I think it would be better if we avoided posting stuff from their private accounts on here. If it's a public account, then that's OK. If it's not a public account... I think it's private for a reason.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here's an article about the memorial.
    http://www.gold1043.com.au/entertain...SYwEqpPl4Uc.01
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I totally understand and respect that his family and close friends need their privacy to grieve and celebrate their loved one. He meant SO much more in their lives as husband, father, and dear friend. In a separate role, I believe that the fans need to be able to share in some form of memorial to acknowledge the huge impact he made on the "soundtrack of our lives". I totally agree that how the fans are feeling isn't a matter of importance at this time and shouldn't be a matter of concern. But, I hope they realize that we all feel his loss in ways we could never have imagined. With the lack of tributes in the media, Rolling Stone, the Grammys, etc, we need to hear SOMETHING moving about him! I know that I NEED to know that I'm really not crazy to feel this way. I would love to hear someone else close to him acknowledge that we are right to feel so devastated about this person we have never even met. I certainly don't mean to insinuate that his fans should ever be allowed to violate that inner sanctum of their private lives. I just hope they realize that the fans need to honor him and the impact he continues to have on our lives in some way too. I'm not suggesting a concert or memorial service necessarily. I would be happy to buy a dvd so I can cry in private too! Just my opinion.... :'(

ITA Momma Tee.

And AG, thanks for posting that link. It sounds like a wonderful tribute.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm so glad that they have held the memorial and that it was "joyous and moving". It seems right that his friends and family were able to celebrate Glenn's life without worrying about media intrusion.

I hope that in time, Don Henley will write about Glenn for the fans.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

I hope that in time, Don Henley will write about Glenn for the fans.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too. I know it was private but as a fan I'd just love to hear Don's speech because he is just so eloquent -

... if there isn't going to be any more Eagles tours then maybe Don will get to write his autobiography and dedicate it to Glenn

(and clear up a lot of issues regarding Mr. F!!!)
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

It sounds like it was lovely. I'm glad they were able to have that in private too. I also agree that there will be something for us fans too. I do feel like they might do a tribute concert similar to how we've seen about other artists (George Harrison, now David Bowie) but they still need time to figure all that out.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It sounds like it was a wonderful memorial. I would love to have been there, but I do understand that this was for his friends and business associates. Obviously, Glenn was loved by a great many people to have been held at the Forum!

I hope the fans get something, but I'm not so sure we will now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

They've been so private and tight lipped about oh so many things it makes sense they do a closed doors memorial, our public one was the Americana Associations tribute so I'm satisfied with that one and hopefully later in the year when these wounds heal a bit more the Eagles do their own official tribute for the fans, until then I accept this. My only hope is we get to hear the Troubadour one, need to hea ATTIg and Ol55, etc one more time.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes