Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles

Default Re: Former Eagles

Thanks to everyone who gave me sincere input.

Travlnmn2, if you find the current banner unsatisfactory, you may choose from a variety of styles in your CP. I've designed one for each era. Hopefully one will be to your liking.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think we all agree with Freypower so I'm frankly astonished that the same people that criticize when Schmit is spelt Schmidt, when Henley is said to hail from Linden rather than Gilmer, when a Frey quote is attributed to Henley etc, are quite blase about how the present status of the Eagles is presented on a major Eagles web site. I thought this board was awash with pedants!

In pursuit of credibility and integrity I'd expect the administrators to endeavor to present accurate and up to date information even if, at this moment in time, it's too close to Glenn's death to really matter.
    I don't see how any of the examples you quoted count as pedantry. If people correcting errors bothers you to such an extent, then why did you recently correct NOLA in the One of These Nights thread? Her statement that the album was unique in having five lead vocalists was perfectly accurate in terms of the released albums.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...t=1747&page=20

Soda and the other moderators have done so much good and worked so hard for this board, they have spent many years taking it from nowhere to the success that it is today, and all you do is criticise them. I think they might be more inclined to listen to your point if you didn't call people names and make other posters look bad.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Just as a personal comment, I welcome the pedantic correction of my errors. I welcome corrections of factual matters, spelling, grammar, etc. I personally prefer to fix such minor errors, rather than continue repeating them because people are being polite.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Soda and the other moderators have done so much good and worked so hard for this board, they have spent many years taking it from nowhere to the success that it is today, and all you do is criticise them. I think they might be more inclined to listen to your point if you didn't call people names and make other posters look bad.
    I totally agree with the first sentence, Jonny Come Lately but I think it's a bit unfair to say that all I do is criticize.

I also agree that on a site such as this, pedantry is most welcome. I certainly never inferred that I wasn't one. If anything, I was criticizing the lapse in pedantry.

As long as the hosts are, as much as possible, aware of the consequences of their decision, the outcome isn't a problem with me.

I'm very pleased to see so many expressing their point of view.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I kinda want them to all be equal like maybe the banner be the photo of them at the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
    I don't agree that they are all equal. The final four Eagles- Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy stuck together for the last 22 years and they will alway be the final Eagles to me. Bernie was only included in the HotE tour. Felder has been gone for 15 years. Randy has been gone for ?? years. How can anyone think they should be equals? Jmo.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I agree with Brooke. She said it all.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I don't agree that they are all equal. The final four Eagles- Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy stuck together for the last 22 years and they will alway be the final Eagles to me. Bernie was only included in the HotE tour. Felder has been gone for 15 years. Randy has been gone for ?? years. How can anyone think they should be equals? Jmo.
    The final Eagles, yes. But that shouldn't diminish the other 3 and their accomplishments. Some of us prefer the earlier lineups, some prefer later lineups but to me they are all Eagles and they are all equal in terms of the title. I mean the bulk of their work featured the other 3 quite a lot. I certainly prefer their 70s albums to LROOE. To me that record didn't seem very "Eagle-y" as far as the sound, but I know I'm in the minority here. It sounded like a Henley solo record to me. I just feel like it's a bit unfair to DF, RM, and BL to say they aren't equal just because they were in the last incarnation of the band. That's all. To me the Eagles will always include Don Felder as part of their best work. Others might prefer the original 4 and the first two records. It's all good. To me it isn't about time served, it's about the accomplishments and what they brought to the music no matter how long they were in the band. I feel like some people would have seen any show billed as "Eagles" as long as GF and DH were there with any old backing band and would have been happy. That bugs me. The other guys count too. The band wouldn't be where it is today without Joe Walsh, Don Felder, Timothy B. Schmit, Randy Meisner, and Bernie Leadon. All are important.

Hey I appreciate every lineup and even Steuart Smith who is a great Nashville player I wish he had more original guitar parts so I couldn't be more biased to Felder because that's the parts he played MORE then LOOE.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Hey I appreciate every lineup and even Steuart Smith who is a great Nashville player I wish he had more original guitar parts so I couldn't be more biased to Felder because that's the parts he played MORE then LOOE.
    I love Steuart, don't get me wrong but he's not Don Felder. He could copy the licks verbatim but it still didn't have that Felder signature style or tone. Don Felder's sound was sorely missed for me on LROOE. Steuart's an excellent player but playing Felder's licks I prefer the original, lol.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The final Eagles, yes. But that shouldn't diminish the other 3 and their accomplishments. Some of us prefer the earlier lineups, some prefer later lineups but to me they are all Eagles and they are all equal in terms of the title. I mean the bulk of their work featured the other 3 quite a lot. I certainly prefer their 70s albums to LROOE. To me that record didn't seem very "Eagle-y" as far as the sound, but I know I'm in the minority here. It sounded like a Henley solo record to me. I just feel like it's a bit unfair to DF, RM, and BL to say they aren't equal just because they were in the last incarnation of the band. That's all. To me the Eagles will always include Don Felder as part of their best work. Others might prefer the original 4 and the first two records. It's all good. To me it isn't about time served, it's about the accomplishments and what they brought to the music no matter how long they were in the band. I feel like some people would have seen any show billed as "Eagles" as long as GF and DH were there with any old backing band and would have been happy. That bugs me. The other guys count too. The band wouldn't be where it is today without Joe Walsh, Don Felder, Timothy B. Schmit, Randy Meisner, and Bernie Leadon. All are important.
    On which Glenn Frey sang half the tracks. If you want to talk about vocal distribution LROOE was a bit more balanced than your beloved HC album was.

This is not about being 'equal'. It was about who the members of the last lineup were at the time the band effectively split.