Page 181 of 213 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I heard "Take a Picture of This" while waiting in line at the grocery store this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I heard "Take a Picture of This" while waiting in line at the grocery store this morning.
    I really like this song!

I continue to hear Eagles songs everywhere. I heard New Kid in Town in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. Then, when I was out of town this past weekend, I heard Hotel California in a place I stopped at for coffee and Tequila Sunrise was playing as I walked into the lobby of the hotel with my luggage. There's no better welcome than that!

At work today I heard "One of these Nights" and "You Belong to the City". I needed a lift! Groupie, I'm glad they weren't playing "Hotel California" as you entered the hotel! I'd have been nervously looking for all those strange people in the song! LOL!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

FreyFollower, that would have been great! I would have been a little concerned, though, since you can't leave...

"Long Run" in Walmart Neighborhood Market. Makes standing in the checkout line more pleasant!

Border Troubadour

Not a song granted, but I was in a small town way out in the wilds of Scotland yesterday and upon entering a shop I heard the staff in there discussing how they loved the Eagles and there was a tribute band coming to town in a few weeks. Sadly this was the day after I had been wearing my Hotel California T-shirt!

I was listening to an old Casey Kasem's American Top 40 Countdown episode and they played Randy's song, Never Been In Love. That's the first time I've ever heard any of Randy's solo songs on the radio.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Troubadour

The radio station Planet Rock here in the UK play a debut album in full every Monday evening, tonight's turn is the Eagles! Currently on Nightingale, a song which I never, ever thought I would hear in any capacity over here!

Stuck on the Border

Watching the telly, I hear a familiar intro. It's an advert for a budget hotel chain as a buddy cop movie
    And here it is. (I'm not sure if it's available outside the UK).