Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ - 9/10/2014

Default Re: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ - 9/10/2014

Awesome! Amazing! Everyone looked and sounded great. Glen mentioned that it was the eve of the thirteenth anniversary of 9/11. He said he was impressed at the resiliency and the community of the people. It was very appropriate being so close to NY. It would have been a perfect opportunity to play Hole In the World, but no such luck. We got home a little after one, and I was so wound up, I could not fall asleep. Now I get to go to work. It doesn't matter. I am so happy. I want to go again! That's right, I am! Saturday!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

From the camera mounted at the end of Joe's guitar during RMW:

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Another...

VK

Default Re: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI - 9/08/2014

I just need a little downtime.........

Saw this tweet from last night:

It was an honor to meet and talk to Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh last night after the show. Great guys and still know how to rock.

Jealous!!!!
    VK

Hotel California

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJqZIhpBaY[/ame]

This was my first Eagles show since 1994(see photos from that show i posted somewhere in this forum). My second overall. So i had not seen them in 20 years. Speaking of years i didnt see many fresh faces at the show. The crowd was for sure more mature if you will.

I was sitting way up top. The sound was "canny" like sound like a can. But after a few songs you got used to it.

The show was real good. Liked the comments between songs even though we got less of that as the show went on (wished there were more stories). Joe walsh really took the show to the next level when he had the spotlight. I was surprised to hear rocky mountain high almost closing the show.

Glenn made a nice remark to Randy saying this ones for you wherever you are. So yeah randy and felder were obviously missing. The historyntour would be more complete if both were there. They could have told a nice story as theynstarted when introducing bernie for the second song.

All in all great show. Saw tom petty tonigh a night after the eagles and my wife and i enjoyed the eagles more. And i was really looking forward to tom petty as i had never seen him.

Ps. I took shots of the eagles in 94 (see another thread) and made a few prints for a friend. A few years back she met henley at a meet and greet and took the photo for him to sign. He looked at it and said "where did you get this? (U know hes against people taking pics) she got nervous and the He said "im only kidding" and signed it.

Pps when the show started only half the seats were taken and i was like oh man this sucks but somehow they filled up

OMNJ, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! The review posted here mentioned that people were late getting to their seats. I guess most shows don't start on time or people assume there's a warm up band. I hear that JD and The Straight Shots did open, but before 8pm.
    VK

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

According to their website, JD will be at the next 4 shows (excluding the Walden benefit). Yippee.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    OMNJ, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! The review posted here mentioned that people were late getting to their seats. I guess most shows don't start on time or people assume there's a warm up band. I hear that JD and The Straight Shots did open, but before 8pm.
    In newark ther was no opening band.

Ps. I paid 40 bucks to park right next to the arena. I knew i was over paying by about 15 but was kinda stuck on that street and would have been a super hassle to back up and get back in heavy traffic. I bit the bullet and paid 40.

40 to park. 300ish for two nose bleed seats. 10 bucks beers. Among that and a few other things we are talking $400-450 night out.

Its really outrageous.

For tom petty one night later at pnc i paid 40 for lawn...once at venue upgraded for extra 10 to actual seats. No parking fee. So for us two spent about $150 with beer etc.

Thats much more reasonable than 400plus. This is probably why i havent been to too many eagles shows.