The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > On the Road with the Eagles > Tour Talk

Tour Talk Discuss generalized aspects of live Eagles-related shows.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #11
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Hey now. Is that really necessary?
Yes, I believe it is. Sorry, I donít want to throw shade on this thread. But the 3.0 thread was a negative and at times toxic thread. I was attacked. I stopped posting there and Iím sure Iím not the only one who did. People left the board due to the negativity.

I understand there were fans who wanted to express their anger, frustration and disappointment. Many said their piece and then moved on. Others did not. With this new announcement Iím just anticipating some of the reactions, which are understandable. But Iíd rather not take part in the negativity esp. if itís just all more circular and repetitive arguments.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #12
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
One word answer? Yes,Ē the bandís longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with ďan Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. Weíre just talking about a handfulĒ of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Freyís son Deacon have stepped in to handle Freyís vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

ďThe Eagles are in an experimental phase,Ē Azoff said. ďI look at is as not really an Eagles tour; itís really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I donít know how long itíll go. I donít speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the publicís willingness to listen at this point. Iím not going to suggest it, anyway.Ē

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-t...sive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the groupís string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

ďYes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didnít know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glennís son said OK and stepped up; heís 23 and heís great. He doesnít know heís great but heís great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and heís a brilliant musician.

ďSo we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year weíre going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.Ē

No, he didn't.

To Shun & Delilah & those who are happy about this & want to talk about it, go ahead. Those of us who objected who did not 'move on' I believe will now do so. I am one of them. I have nothing further to add.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #13
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

I am actually very happy with this announcement! I would love to see them again and maybe much closer to home this time.
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #14
MaryCalifornia
Stuck on the Border

Great news for the guys, Glennís family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.
MaryCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

This is great news!!! Hopefully they will either play here in my city or another Ohio one that's close. We've already gotten a lot of good concert announcements the past couple weeks.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #16
New Kid In Town
Border Rebel

Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
Quote:
The classic Eagles album ďHotel CaliforniaĒ is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. Iím so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. ďGratefulĒ is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didnít even know we had. So thatís part of the big box. Itís great to watch. I canít believe how young we are ó I donít even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think thatís the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
So Joe finally confirmed it. That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.

Last edited by New Kid In Town; 11-14-2017 at 08:15 PM.
New Kid In Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
Wallyj58
Out on the Border

Quote:
One word answer? Yes,Ē the bandís longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with ďan Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. Weíre just talking about a handfulĒ of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Freyís son Deacon have stepped in to handle Freyís vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

ďThe Eagles are in an experimental phase,Ē Azoff said. ďI look at is as not really an Eagles tour; itís really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I donít know how long itíll go. I donít speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the publicís willingness to listen at this point. Iím not going to suggest it, anyway.Ē

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-t...sive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the groupís string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

ďYes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didnít know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glennís son said OK and stepped up; heís 23 and heís great. He doesnít know heís great but heís great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and heís a brilliant musician.

ďSo we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year weíre going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.Ē
Great to hear that
Wallyj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
YoungEaglesFan
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
Quote:
The classic Eagles album ďHotel CaliforniaĒ is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. Iím so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. ďGratefulĒ is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didnít even know we had. So thatís part of the big box. Itís great to watch. I canít believe how young we are ó I donít even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think thatís the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
So Joe finally confirmed it. That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.
There is definitely proof they have at least more CC concert film than is in the release as in the documentary there are numerous times of them having videos from the second day or something I noticed where They showed a clip with Glenn playing old black which is not shown in the film of the concert. I REALLY hope they release film from the HOTE tour. I never saw them during that tour but some of the deeper cuts and having Bernie there made it a cool tour. I doubt they have more than 5 concerts filmed from the 70ís but who knows. I hope that at some point this stuff is released
YoungEaglesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #19
Magnolia
Out on the Border

I would love to see them in 2018. I never got a chance to see them live when Glenn was alive so I'll take my chance if they ever come to play near me.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #20
maryc2130
Border Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
Great news for the guys, Glennís family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.
Have to agree with the other Mary C. Well said!
maryc2130 is offline   Reply With Quote