Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 'Tell Me The Truth'

Default Re: 'Tell Me The Truth'

Happy birthday TMTT!

I had been given copies of cassettes of the three albums by someone who had met Timothy several years before at a small venue when he was touring with Dan Fogelberg so I had enjoyed his albums but what a thrill it was to hold that cd in my hot little hands while I drooled over those exceptional pics Of course I have matured since then! NOT!!!!!

Sounds like the survivor game for this album was "off the chain" as my daughter would say, so I plan to go read the posts since I didn't participate. Without a listening session or two to refresh my memory, I can't possibly rate these songs in order so I'm off to immerse myself in TMTT.....did I mention I still have those pics?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys View Post
    Happy birthday TMTT!

I had been given copies of cassettes of the three albums by someone who had met Timothy several years before at a small venue when he was touring with Dan Fogelberg so I had enjoyed his albums but what a thrill it was to hold that cd in my hot little hands while I drooled over those exceptional pics Of course I have matured since then! NOT!!!!!

Sounds like the survivor game for this album was "off the chain" as my daughter would say, so I plan to go read the posts since I didn't participate. Without a listening session or two to refresh my memory, I can't possibly rate these songs in order so I'm off to immerse myself in TMTT.....did I mention I still have those pics?
    We didn't do a Survivor for this album. We did one for Expando & a 'best of'. I have always said I would like to do more solo album Survivors.

I don't actually have this album; only the songs which are on TBSO, so I can't rank them.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys View Post
    Without a listening session or two to refresh my memory, I can't possibly rate these songs in order so I'm off to immerse myself in TMTT.....did I mention I still have those pics?
    Ah Ha, Becky. That's the spirit. I was hoping this may inspire some folks to go back and give the album another listen. That's why I decided to wait about a week before I talley the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We didn't do a Survivor for this album. We did one for Expando & a 'best of'. I have always said I would like to do more solo album Survivors.

I don't actually have this album; only the songs which are on TBSO, so I can't rank them.
    This is why it probably wouldn't work to do Survivor games for the solo albums. We probably wouldn't get much participation because a lot of folks don't have the solo albums. So in lieu of a Survivor game, I thought I'd try this - even though we may not get a lot of participation, it gives us a chance to discuss the entire album or individual songs if anyone is interested.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well so far we have three list and they are all very different. One thing I remember from the "Best of Timothy" Survivor game that we played is that Something Sad and In Roxy's Eyes both made the "Best of" list and they were two of the most hotly contested songs in that game. One of the first things I noticed when I compared Willie's, Soda's, and my lists are how differently we rated those two songs. I guess some things never change.

Here's my list:

1. Something Sad
    2. Down by the River
    3. Was it Just the Moonlight
    4. Tell Me the Truth
    5. In Roxy’s Eyes
    6. All I Want to do
    7. Tonight
    8. Let Me Go
    9. Perfect Strangers
    10. For the Children

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Well Duh! Now I know why I couldn't find that survivor game I was looking for! Oh well, my search for the game gave me the opportunity to visit lots of posts I've missed while I've been off line so all is well lol. I plan to play the Best Of game all by myself......while I catch up on all the pics I've missed too all for sharing.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Happy Birthday "Tell Me The Truth"!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just thought I'd post an update here. Our little experimental poll is very close right now. Down By the River is ahead of the pack by just 1 point. Something Sad is currently in 2nd place. Even though it's a little too close for comfort, I'm very happy about that since Down By the River is my very favorite song on this album and one of my very favorite Timothy solo songs. The song is very different for Tim, and, not only that, but it's hot!!!

ETA: Thought I add that Was It Just the Moonlight is in 3rd place - just 1 point behind Something Sad.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Okay - I'll go ahead and post the results of our poll for the Tell Me the Truth album. Although, this is only a small sampling, I'm betting the outcome wouldn't be drastically different even if we had 100 fans voting. After all, fans like what they like. So, here's the way the votes went ...

1. Down By the River - 34 points
    2. Something Sad - 33 points
    3. Was It Just the Moonlight - 32 points
    4. In Roxy's Eyes - 26 points
    5. Tell Me the Truth - 21 points (tie for 5th & 6th place)
    6. All I Want To Do - 21 points (tie for 5th & 6th place)
    7. Perfect Strangers - 15 points
    8. Let Me Go - 14 points
    9. For the Children - 13 points
    10. Tonight - 11 points

So Congratulation to Down By the River.

Thanks to those who participated. As I said earlier, if anyone else wants to still post their list, it's not too late. Go right ahead - I'll update the standings if this happens.

Thanks for doing the math, Dreamer.

In honor of the winner:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnnMfsWq7o[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten