Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy B. Schmit Video Survivor

Default Timothy B. Schmit Video Survivor

Time for the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor, where we vote off Timothy's solo music videos until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all Timothy’s solo music videos here. Vote for the video that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The video that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more video will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

===============================

GAME OVER!

The winner of the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is ...

FRIDAY NIGHT

Videos Eliminated
    Playin' It Cool 5/09
    Boys' Night Out 5/11
    Don't Give Up 5/13
    Was It Just the Moonlight 5/15

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit Video Survivor

I cast my vote for Playin' It Cool.

I get that the song's about high school impatience, and so it's only natural that they'd show a bunch of petulant high schoolers in various classrooms the whole time, but I'm not entertained by that. Plus, although Timothy has a babyface, he doesn't look like he should be in high school... it comes off as a bit ridiculous.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay I see what you are saying about Playin' It Cool. It is very high school and Tim looks all of 12 years old in it. However, I still like it better than Don't Give Up. At least, Playin' It Cool has some cute action moments in it, whereas, Don't Give Up is kind of boring to me.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my two cents here even thought I'm not voting yet.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Playin' It Cool

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here are my thoughts on Playin it Cool: This video has everything - a pig with sunglasses in a sidecar, a chimpanzee, Timothy in a sleeveless shirt, Timothy in a Michael Jackson jacket, a guy in a Viking hat, cute girls with good figures doing a choreographed dance/cheer routine, an obese old lady in a referee outfit. Multiple locations, lots of extras. I think the most money was spent on this video. Very reminiscent of Fast Times, including the Spicoli and Dr. Vargas characters. Therefore, it is not my least favorite. I am kicking off:

Boys' Night Out

Playin' it cool

Playin' It Cool.

Sometimes I wonder what the heck the guys were thinking back then when they made videos. This video is one of those scratch your head moments.

Boys Night Out

I'm trying to take into account a few aspects of a video, including a screenplay and Timothy's looks. Having watched all the five videos, I really can't find anything that would appeal to me in Playing It Cool.
    So Playin' It Cool is my vote.
    Last edited by irga; 05-08-2014 at 05:09 AM.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

This is an easy one for me.
    Playing It Cool