Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timothy featured on Eagles song with Paul Carrack (from Ace)

Smile Timothy featured on Eagles song with Paul Carrack (from Ace)

Happy Holidays, merry xmas and happy new year to everyone.

I've been really into Paul Carrack from the band Ace, and bought some of his solo stuff on ITunes, and found two Eagles connections

"Love will Keep us alive" featuring Timothy B Schmit and "I don't want to hear anymore" featuring Don Henley and Timothy. Way cool, didn't know Paul Carrack had an Eagles connection!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy featured on Eagles song with Paul Carrack (from Ace)

Yep - sure enough, Desperado. And may I just add that Timothy does extreme justice to both of those songs, IMHO!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

he sure does, Dreamer! the songs are just lovely!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

I have loved his (Paul's) voice since I first heard hm sing with Mike + the Mechanics. I've been reading Don Felder's book, and he and Timothy were going to get a project going with Paul in the 90's, but then the Eagles reunited. And while I am happy that the Eagles got back together, I would have loved to hear them together and to listen to what they would have done together.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I have loved his (Paul's) voice since I first heard hm sing with Mike + the Mechanics. I've been reading Don Felder's book, and he and Timothy were going to get a project going with Paul in the 90's, but then the Eagles reunited. And while I am happy that the Eagles got back together, I would have loved to hear them together and to listen to what they would have done together.
    hi tjh, me too! I love his voice from even further back, from the time I was 7 and heard "how long" on the AM radio! Paul also sings lead on "tempted" by Squeeze............so many good songs from the 70s, that's my #1 which is tied with "baby come back" by player. I should read Don Felder's book too! Merry Xmas, happy new year!

Timothy and Paul Carrack have known each other since the ‘70s.
    Around 1992, Timothy and Don Felder tried to put a band together with Paul Carrack and Max Carl. Paul brought “Love Will Keep Us Alive” to that band and they recorded it on a demo with Paul’s voice, but they weren’t given a recording contract. I think it’s a shame, since it seemed like an interesting project.

Paul recorded "Love Will Keep Us Alive" for his 1996 album Blue Views. He has such a terrific voice! Here’s his version of the song:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLqcPB0HdQ[/ame]

Wow, two very different versions, but both are so good! Thanks for sharing that clip

In Felders's book, he said that Love Will Keep us Alive was included on the tape they gave Irving Azoff, but Azoff said that none of the material was strong enough to warrent a record. Then, lo and behold, LWKUA shows up as an Eagle's song later down the road. I'm so glad that we got Timothy's vocals on it though. It is a fabulous song.

Interesting discussion. I purchased the Carrack version. His voice is very textured and it gives the song a different feel, but I must admit I prefer the Eagles version. No surprise there, I'm sure!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Timothy and Paul Carrack have known each other since the ‘70s.
    Around 1992, Timothy and Don Felder tried to put a band together with Paul Carrack and Max Carl. Paul brought “Love Will Keep Us Alive” to that band and they recorded it on a demo with Paul’s voice, but they weren’t given a recording contract. I think it’s a shame, since it seemed like an interesting project.

Paul recorded "Love Will Keep Us Alive" for his 1996 album Blue Views. He has such a terrific voice! Here’s his version of the song:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLqcPB0HdQ
    Silvermoon, I didn't know that they tried to form a band in 92, how interesting! thanks and thanks for the video,. Blues views is a great CD!

Out on the Border

Being a Tim fan for so long, I'm always mesmerized by his voice and I love his version the most. But I do rather like Paul's version here

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdomM_9GBHY"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdomM_9GBHY[/ame]