Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Collaborations

Out on the Border

Default Re: Timothy Collaborations

I love listening to his version of Caroline No. Every time I learn he's been a backup vocalist on a song, I always have to immediately go listen to it again. Honestly, his voice is so pure and rich, it gives me the chills sometimes. He could sing the instructions to using my camera and I'd melt.

Cannot imagine what it must feel like to have a voice like his. He's a rare, fine wine, Timothy is.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Totally agree LTF!!

Oh my gosh, I just noticed from that list Stacey Q! Do you remember "Two of Hearts"? That was a huge song when I was in high school! Will have to check out the ones that TBS is on. That is some serious 80s girl pop like Expose, the Cover Girls, and Shannon. Love it! Our boy is extremely versatile. Oh yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Cool, thank you TimFan and FP!

I listened to the recorded version of Toto's I Won't Hold You Back Now, and you can totally hear him in the chorus. I think we have a live concert version in here somewhere, but you can hear him more in the recorded version.

This is a great article on this topic that I'm sure was posted a while back. I love a knowledgeable interviewer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1180328.html
    Thanks so much for posting that MC. I didn't know he hung out with David Cassidy! That was a great interview. Notice he didn't name Randy as the member of Poco he replaced. I just heard I Can See Everything on my I-pod today. I love that song!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yeah, too funny, "the guy I replaced." He probably gets tired of mentioning Randy in ALL of his interviews re: Poco AND the Eagles! And, I love those throwaway comments like, "Oh yeah, I used to hang out with David Cassidy. I forgot about him....haven't seen him for a while." What a life. I REALLY hope Timothy writes an autobiography. I think his career is just fascinating. I hope all our guys write autobiographies. Timothy has a great, unique voice, but so do millions of professional singers. I think the reason he sings on so many others' songs and albums is that people just like him, mainly because he is a babe, and I'm being serious. Those who have seen him on stage love him and want him to succeed, and gave him work when he needed it in the 80s and 90s. And his connections with his record labels helped, but still...he is quite the specimen.

Tim’s version of Caroline No gives me goosebumps too.

Downloaded from You Tube onto my PC so available as required.

Was told about Let It Be Me when I joined the Border but on first listen thought it was too sappy. Now I love the combination of their voices and find myself moved. TBS is eradicating the natural cynic within.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDYWCti5yY[/ame]

Anybody know how/why it came about?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

we had Parent Teacher Conferences Thursday night. The weather was horrible and as a result I had 3 parents in 3.5 hours. I listened to a lot of Timmy songs.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I sat out several years ago to try to collect everything on this list, anything Timothy has been on--- no easy task but I've got quite the vinyl collection of stuff from the list tho. It's fun going to album shows and hunting these things down. I'm glad I've always loved to read liner notes from way back when, I had a head start before I ever had an actual list to go from.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

If you are a David Pack/Ambrosia fan He and Timothy sound great singing Where We Started From

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=...autoplay%253D1

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    If you are a David Pack/Ambrosia fan He and Timothy sound great singing Where We Started From

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=...autoplay%253D1
    oh thanks LTF...I've never heard of this...loved it!!