Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scenes from the Goldmine

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Scenes from the Goldmine

OK--- I confess I had a rattail. A very long rattail and it was PURPLE!! LOL I had a very bad perm that fried my hair that had gone to the middle of my back. When I was having it all cut out to a very blond, spiky hair cut (remember it was the 80s), my best friend who was with me suggested I leave the rattail. I was a month away from heading to New York City and thought it would be pretty cool and fit right in. I was about 22 or 23. My parents were NOT impressed.

But on Timothy? Nah!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny TBF! Live and learn, right?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Too funny TBF....I put an electric blue streak in my hair & my mom almost had a fit. It wasn't one of those you could wash out..I had the hairdresser dye it. I thought it was really cute, but I never had a rattail.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi all - I'm new here. TBS is my favorite Eagle, so I thought I'd start here! I watched the movie last night, and I have to say it is seriously the worst movie I have ever seen, even with Tim in it! How did it even get made, let alone released??!! It was so bad it was funny. But, I'm still glad he did it...

Mary p.s I want to make an AVI from a screen cap of that video of Timothy singing Rose of Cimarron with POCO on youtube, but I don't know how. Will work on it!

Welcome Mary! If you need help with the screencap, just let me know! It is a wonder that this movie got made, but at least we get some eye candy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wish I would have seen this site sooner so that I could have checked this out on Netflix! I looked at the credits on the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com) and Jean is listed in the credits as a 'fan'. Is that her in the picture with Timothy's rattail? (the woman in the fur coat?)

By the way, I prefer the 90's Tim look, but as a child of the 80's I don't really mind the mullet on Timothy. I think he could pull of just about any look

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    Ah, yes, the 80's rattail...ack
    I prefer Tim's current style as well!!
    Me too! Didn't know he had been in a movie and, even from the screenshots, you can tell it's not good ... but what was TBS's acting like?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Sorry SS, I just laughed out loud when you asked about his acting...not much acting going on there... Some playing bass, some standing around, a little silliness. It really is a bad movie! But yes, he looks beautiful, and happy. One thing I've noticed about Timothy that I've never said because I don't want people to get mad at me is that despite his comments that he always wanted to be up on stage in front of people, it seems to me that he appears to be uncomfortable when he is the center of attention. Maybe it's not uncomfortable, but very self-aware - I don't know how to put it. I did not see him on his solo tour, and I'm sure that those who were in the room would probably have another perspective, but from all of the videos I've seen, it seems that he is truly very shy and maybe nervous, even after all of these years of performing. When he is performing with Poco or the Eagles he is rockin and in his element and very confident. As soon as the focus shifts to him and he has to speak, even for band intros, he just seems...shy. That's how I see his acting, including in his videos - he is enjoying it, but is self-conscious. This is not remotely a criticism, just an observation of his sweetness - he does not have a strong personality that takes over the room. Just my observation, I'm sure others have a different image of him.

MC, what you said is very much the same view of Timothy I have! In my opinion the important thing to understand about him is that he's shy, not very shy but a bit IMO, when he's the center of attention but likes it when he's with a band. I also think that he comes off as not very strong personality, compared to the other Eagles, because he stands more to the background on stage and doesn't talk much in Eagles' interviews. It's clear to me though that he has a lot of personality to him, he's just not aggressive in his manners like many others. I personally appreciate that he's not pushy.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I wish I would have seen this site sooner so that I could have checked this out on Netflix! I looked at the credits on the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com) and Jean is listed in the credits as a 'fan'. Is that her in the picture with Timothy's rattail? (the woman in the fur coat?)
    I'm sorry - I don't know if that's her. I didn't even know she was in it!

MC - I can see where you're coming from with that analysis.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten