Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FANTASTIC Tim Interview

Default FANTASTIC Tim Interview

Wow, I just listened to this great interview with Tim. All about Expando & many other things. He answers many of the questions that we have wondered about, incuding the story about why his hand was bandaged in some of the Expando pics. Have a listen, it's a long one !

http://www.wmgk.com/Audio/tabid/209/...Interview.aspx

Soda, please merge this thread with another if you think it should be. I was just so blown away with the interview that I had to at least start it in a new thread.

Default Re: FANTASTIC Tim Interview

Great find GL! I'm listening to it right now!

I know that you'll enjoy it!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

This interviewer was good! She actually listened to Timothy and responded to his answers. So many interviewers have a list of questions and don't really pay any attention to what the person says. She actually asked TBS one of "my" questions. (From the thread of if you could ask the guys 5 questions)... she asked about what he tells his kids about the music industry.

He's so sweet, the way he speaks of Goerge Grantham made the hair on my arms stand up.

Long interview, 40 mins... but it was great!

Terrific interview!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What an absolutely fabulous interview! I think Timothy shared a great deal of insight about himself here -- thanks to a gifted intervierwer who knew all the right questions to ask. I was particularly touched by his comments about his own children and his response to the last question about what he'd be doing if he weren't a musician. Thanks to WMGK 102.9 in Philly. Kudos!!
    I just need a little downtime.........

I was touched by that answer too, Cynd. Tim seems like such an amazing guy on a personal level as well as a musical level.

Two close calls, once with his voice, one with his hand... it is seriously by the grace of God that he's still able to perform for us!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First off-- Thank you GL so much for posting this!!! Fantastic stuff!!

I listened to it twice this morning while doing real life stuff AND took notes.

Some general observations about the interview overall...

~One of the best interviews I've ever heard with an Eagle. The interviewer really knew her stuff and asked great questions and listened and drew him out of his answers. Kudos to her.

~Timothy was genuinely funny. Loved some of the random stuff, such as when his family "got the Expando trailer it was like living in a castle" and the whole dog bite thing how he's "learned to not mess with a dog and food" and "he went after a cake". Made him even more personable.

The more interesting things to me that we found out thru this interview...

~He still doesn't feel his voice is completely back. Wow, could of fooled me!

~When asked about playing the small rooms, loved how he said it was like "being naked" and being "able to see everybody there". To me this says that he must of been pretty nervous to do this, especially since he stressed more than once that it was all new to him to be out there solo.

~When talking about how much he wants Allison Kraus to play on one of his projects he mentioned seeing her and Robert Plant walking into the CMAs and knowing the Eagles were going against them in a category and how he thought "wonder who's gonna win this one?". Funny stuff!

~We now know he is doing his own Twitter, etc... (I'm sure he has some help ) and when he said, "that reminds me, it's time for a new tweet".

~One of my favorite parts is while he was talking about Top Of The Stairs. No one really talks about that particular song so that was funny that she brought it up. Love the way he explained how they kept layering the voices and when asked how many layers, he said "30 somethingeze". WOW-amazing--and they are all him!

~Talking about the first time he heard something he sang on on the radio was Ricki Don't Lose That Number by Steely Dan and being asked to do more on Pretzel Logic. You can tell that was a real meaningful experience for him.

~Finally, like cynd, loved the whole would work with kids thing and the story he told about working at the school for the mentally retarded and spending more time than he had to doing so. Since I work with kids myself, that just gave me a little tug at the heart to know that we do have that in common. Silly, I know.

Now the part about working with so many others has motivated me to do something I have been wanting to do for quite awhile. I am going to do my best to download everything he has ever been on. I've got a pretty good start to this and even have a lot of the albums he's simply done a little background work on "just because he did" (my record show vendors love me for this!). With the help of TBSO, I shall trudge on and get it done. It will be a real chore, finding all of them and listening to his voice or bass on each of them, but a girl has to do what she has to do.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a great interview! Tim sounded so natural and at ease. And the interviewer must be a fan or she really did her homework. Unusual these days, huh?

The part about Jade East was funny to me. I remember as a kid my older brother getting Jade East cologne for Christmas. It was very popular here back then!

And how lucky was he with the surf board incident or the dog bite? Yikes!

Now, Tim, you mentioned Washington DC, Boston and Philadelphia for shows. Those cities are not in the Midwest. I need to hear St. Louis, Kansas City or anywhere in Missouri or Illinois! Iowa even! Pretty please?! I'll even make a banana cake for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Okay, I'm listening right now