Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy on Twitter

Talking Re: Timothy on Twitter

Hopefully they let his plane land yesterday-I know they canceled a ton of out-bound flights in England/Europe because of the snow. Teach him to leave sunny SoCal. The weather here has been in the mid to high seventies since New Years. Be safe Timmy-! Still waiting for them to announce other Cali dates-including Sacramento.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Default Re: Timothy on Twitter

CL, your weather may be mild but from all news accounts a lot of you are living on shaky ground right now!!!!!! Hope YOU weren't effected by the 'shake, rattle and roll' yesterday.

As for the UK, my son-in-law is from Manchester and his family has been reporting how extreme their weather has been. I thought about that when I saw Timmy's post and wondered if he was having second thoughts! But EXPANDO is about to make its official debut in Europe so he probably had this trip scheduled for months. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn, after the fact, that he and Jean included Ireland on their itinerary for personal as well as professional reasons.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Even if his flight was canceled, I'm sure he simply rescheduled. Still, what a pain! Better safe than sorry, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Then again he and Jean could be hanging out in Boston. Ben had to go back to school after the Christmas break and non-stop flights from Boston to London are common. If they flew into Logan to take Ben back to school and their flight to London got cancelled because of the weather over there........I was looking at the arrivals info for Heathrow online and with the exception of some cancelled flights due to arrive from the continent (i.e., Paris primarily) everything appears to be on schedule today so hopefully they managed to get in yesterday without too much trouble.

Another tweet!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBSchmit1
    In London dealing with jet lag .. Promo activities start Wednesday .. Good album airplay already in UK, Ireland, and other countries. Cheers
    What are these promo activities of which he speaks? He said something about BBC England in his last tweet...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BBC Music has a review of EXPANDO that was posted 1/6...flattering & complementary and among the best I've seen yet. I imagine he's going to be doing some interview spots similar to those we saw during his tourette up and down the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    BBC Music has a review of EXPANDO that was posted 1/6...flattering & complementary and among the best I've seen yet. I imagine he's going to be doing some interview spots similar to those we saw during his tourette up and down the West Coast.
    If by BBC Music you mean this I don't read it as particularly flattering.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

UKTF--just read it and tend to agree with you. Not the worst I've ever read but far from the best either. "There’s something particularly reassuring about Schmit’s limited-range vocals," and "Friday Night is perhaps a little too sugary for some tastes, but you can’t fault the sincerity in the man’s delivery," and "Expando becoming something more than the pleasing background fare it feels like first and second time around." I don't take as flattery. Maybe I'm reading to much into it tho. Little touchy about some of these reviews some times.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

That is the same one that that proposemusic.com site posted which I said was a translation. Reading it in proper English doesn't improve it in my opinion. "Welcomed lethargy'? 'Instrumentally insouciant'? It's very badly written. No wonder the translation on the other site was so awful. You will see that I was right when I said that in English the phrase was 'you can't fault the sincerity in the man's delivery'.

But did you see the comments?

1. 'the link to the Eagles seems misguided'. HUH???
    2. 'He may be the Eagles' TBS to you but to many of us he's Poco's TBS'.

A question for you Tim diehards. Are there any of you who agree with that second comment?

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    2. 'He may be the Eagles' TBS to you but to many of us he's Poco's TBS'.

A question for you Tim diehards. Are there any of you who agree with that second comment?
    I don't disagree with it. I think it is very true. While some will only think of Tim as an Eagle... a real Tim or Poco fan will also consider him a Poco guy. In all honesty, Tim had a real role in Poco, so I can relate to it.

I'm one of those people that say, TBS of the Eagles, formally of Poco. I include both. In Poco, he was a leader, a driving force... in the Eagles, he's a sideman. It's a shame, because we all know the man can sing.