Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy on Twitter

Default Re: Timothy on Twitter

Apologies, Borderers, I've had one of those days when I kept running as fast as I could and still ended up ten yards behind the start line. And as for the idiot who phoned me twice in five minutes about market research and

I'll just do a brief summary for now, and then finish off the proper word-for-word report tomorrow.

Tim was wearing a black jacket and trousers, black shoes, and a grey round-necked T-shirt which had Expando written across it. (Like the writing on the black T-shirt shown as an offer with the CD on Tim's website, but without the Timothy B Schmit.)

Brief intro followed by three clips.

Clip of Hotel California with Joe with long hair and a bandana, Don Felder in check shirt with his double guitar, Glenn with long hair and ‘bandit’ moustache, Don Henley on drums – and Randy! The back drop has the words Hotel California, and I’m sure all you experts will know exactly which show it was from.
    Clip of Tim, presumably in a studio, wearing yellow headphones, singing ‘I can’t tell you why’ with a glimpse of Don, also wearing yellow headphones, on drums. It’s the bit where Don closes his eyes, hits a drum, opens his eyes, and sorts of rolls them as if someone has sung a bum note- or hit the wrong drum!
    Clip from 'How long' with chorus then Don singing 'I've been doing time in a lonesome prison where the sun don't shine'.

Presenter said that although Tim had been with the Eagles for 33 years he was relatively one of the new boys, and Tim agreed.

He was asked how he joined the Eagles, and said he got a call from Glenn asking if he was interested in joining them, and Tim said that although he calmly accepted inside he was jumping up and down.
    Asked if he was nervous about joining the Eagles, Tim said what had made him nervous was that they'd asked him to join them before he'd played a note with them. But he knew that they were all professional musicians, and that after the first rehearsal it seemed the perfect fit for both them and him.

The presenters then rattled off a list of some of the people Tim has worked with, and then showed a clip of him singing 'Parachute'.

Asked about becoming a solo artist, Tim said that he'd released albums, but hadn't toured on his own. And it's different from being with the band but he's enjoying the solo tour. Then there was a bit more about the difference of touring with the band to by himself.

He's playing Manchester, Birmingham and London while in the UK, but at smaller venues than the o2 (big arena in London for those who don't know) where the Eagles played last year. Tim also said that it's easier to play the larger areans and stadiums' because you have the protective cover of the band'.

The presenter then made the old comment about Tim being the only Californian in the band, to which Tim replied 'You've been doing your homework'.

Then it was 'Good luck with the tour, and on tomorrow's programme we have....'.

All in all, about 7 minutes max.

(If you're wondering how I can make a word-for-word transcript, it's because I videoed the interview. Unfortunately I can't do all the gizmo-ey technical stuff that some of you [especially Soda] can do. )

With special thanks to Soda for the update about Tim's appearance on the programme.

Ooh, so glad to see this! Sounds like a fun interview. Too funny that the first clip they showed had Randy, lol.

Thanks for going to all this trouble!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the interview summary!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks UKTF. I enjoyed your play by play!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Me, too! Good job!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the transcript, UKTF....any chance you can capture a screen shot??? You know how we die-hard fans are -- always looking for a new picture! I'm just disappointed the BBC websites don't have a clip online. Heading over to YouTube to look right now.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    Thanks for the transcript, UKTF....any chance you can capture a screen shot??? You know how we die-hard fans are -- always looking for a new picture! I'm just disappointed the BBC websites don't have a clip online. Heading over to YouTube to look right now.
    Sorry, Cynd, but as I've already said I can't do techie-gizmo stuff. (There are times when I make mistakes just recording on a video!)
    However ...... I am going to try something. It probably won't work, and it will take me at least a fornight to even find the time to try it (I need quiet moments with no distractions when I try new stuff ), so please don't hold your breath. But I will do my best.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

UKTF---YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    UKTF---YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    You've got far more confidence in me than I have!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Great job UKTF. You do know you are our 'Roving International Reporter' now. Don't you?