Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Timothy is underrated, but he has also been underused in the Eagles. He should have been allowed to sing more leads. In my opinion, he’s the best singer in the band. And he is, and has always been, a cool-looking guy.
    I agree with this 100% I think he has a fabulous voice (not that I'm biased or anything) the only reason that I can think of is that maybe his voice doesn't have a hard enough edge to it. Each of the Eagles has their own unique sound, which is what makes their harmonies so amazing. But each voice is suited to different styles, and Timothy's sounds amazing on ballads.
    And yes, he is a very cool looking guy

Apparently, this magazine has an interview with TBS but I haven't been able to read it.

http://www.beatweek.com/beatweek-mag...-schmit-eagles

SS
    xx
    http://pistoriusontrial.blogspot.co....t-anxiety.html

oh nice I haven't read this either

thanks

That was nice. I never thought about the fact that every time his Dad moved on to a new club Timothy would have to change schools. I always think of him being younger than that. Some nice insight into his writing and recording too.
    Thanks for posting it SS!

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it before. Very interesting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I agree with this 100% I think he has a fabulous voice (not that I'm biased or anything) the only reason that I can think of is that maybe his voice doesn't have a hard enough edge to it. Each of the Eagles has their own unique sound, which is what makes their harmonies so amazing. But each voice is suited to different styles, and Timothy's sounds amazing on ballads.
    And yes, he is a very cool looking guy
    Timothy sings ballads beautifully and sounds amazing on them, but I think he can also sing uptempo songs very well. He can sing almost anything. He should have sung more songs in the Eagles.

By the way, Glenn said in an interview that, in the band, Don Henley sings the bluesier songs, Timothy sings the lighter songs, and he (Glenn) sings something in between. I wonder what he meant exactly by “lighter.” Easy to sing, meaningless, or what else?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Timothy sings ballads beautifully and sounds amazing on them, but I think he can also sing uptempo songs very well. He can sing almost anything. He should have sung more songs in the Eagles.

By the way, Glenn said in an interview that, in the band, Don Henley sings the bluesier songs, Timothy sings the lighter songs, and he (Glenn) sings something in between. I wonder what he meant exactly by “lighter.” Easy to sing, meaningless, or what else?
    'Lighter' in the sense of the songs he sings being slow ballads, although I would say that isn't really an accurate descrption of either ICTYW or Do Something, both of which have real depth. The sam can't be said of LWKUA, which is close to the most lightweight thing the band has ever done (in my opinion). I was disappointed by the choice of IDWTHAM too, because I thought Tim should have been given the chance to sing something with a bit more substance than that.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I wish he had a verse in How Long

Timothy only sings lead on two out of twenty songs on LROOE, which isn't enough when you consider what a great singer he is. And why does Timothy have to only sing ballads? That makes him seem a one-trick pony. He should have been allowed to sing more songs and given at least an uptempo song.