Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timothy featured on Eagles song with Paul Carrack (from Ace)

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy featured on Eagles song with Paul Carrack (from Ace)

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    Silvermoon, I didn't know that they tried to form a band in 92, how interesting! thanks and thanks for the video,. Blues views is a great CD!
    Desperado, you can read more about it in Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell." They called themselves The Malibu Men's Choir, haha. I would need to go back and look, but I think maybe it was Irving (??) who passed on their version of LWKUA? But he must have liked Timothy's version enough for the Eagles to feature it on HFO. Lucky for us!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I like Paul Carrack's voice and his version of LWKUA is pretty good. BUT, IMHO, Timothy's voice is so much better suited for the song and his version is SPECIAL!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know that both the Eagles and Paul have both recorded LWKUA and IDWTHA, and that Timothy and Don H sang backup for Paul. However, I downloaded this version of LWKUA that is really like a duet between Paul and Timothy. On I tunes it is credited to both of them. I absolutely love their voices together. Hearing how well Timothy can blend with Paul makes me realize why he was so sought after as a backup singer. You can tell it's him, but he really listens and tries to match the lead vocals. Its a sign of a great vocalist and musician.

The arrangement is gorgeous! I would love to hear more from the two of them

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFiMt6iNKo[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I know that both the Eagles and Paul have both recorded LWKUA and IDWTHA, and that Timothy and Don H sang backup for Paul. However, I downloaded this version of LWKUA that is really like a duet between Paul and Timothy. On I tunes it is credited to both of them. I absolutely love their voices together. Hearing how well Timothy can blend with Paul makes me realize why he was so sought after as a backup singer. You can tell it's him, but he really listens and tries to match the lead vocals. Its a sign of a great vocalist and musician.

The arrangement is gorgeous! I would love to hear more from the two of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFiMt6iNKo
    hi TJH, I so agree, would love to hear more Tim and Paul! I just saw the Eagles twice last year, feel so lucky to have been able to do that!

Now I want to see Paul Carrack live, he just released a new album called RAIN OR SHINE, it's very good - seems he only tours over in Europe, I got excited
    one day as I saw someone post on Paul's facebook about a show on 4/19 in Newark at the palace theater, I thought she meant Newark NJ.........only to find out the Newark Palace Theater is in the UK....,

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Desperado - I would also love to see Paul perform live. You can see quite a bit of concert footage on youtube, but it just isn't the same. I haven't even see the eagles live yet. One day I will, hopefully before they hang it up for good. Sounds like they are still going strong though, and still enjoying what they are doing.

Desperado - I would also love to see Paul perform live. You can see quite a bit of concert footage on youtube, but it just isn't the same. I haven't even see the eagles live yet. One day I will, hopefully before they hang it up for good. Sounds like they are still going strong though, and still enjoying what they are doing.
    hi TJH!

I was up until 2am the other night posting PC videos to FB! I even made a few videos from 2001 into MP3s.........until I found a video of PC and Clapton doing "How Long", in CT at Mohegan Sun April 2013, my heart sank, PC was here, and I didn't know about it? WOW! I write on PCs fb page from time to time, asking him to tour the USA......

as far as seeing the Eagles, there is no way they are done yet. I hope you get to see them in an area near you and at a price you can afford.

Maddi

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Eric Clapton and Paul? Ok, I'm headed over to YouTube now to find that one I love EC too. Hopefully you can talk Paul into coming back over this way. I'll gladly sign a petition - haha.

Eric Clapton and Paul? Ok, I'm headed over to YouTube now to find that one I love EC too. Hopefully you can talk Paul into coming back over this way. I'll gladly sign a petition - haha.
    it was April 2013 at Mohegan sun, Uncasville CT. they play together on Tempted, How Long and maybe a few others. enjoy!

Here is a search on youtube to make it easier for you:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=paul+carrack+and+eric+clapton &sm=3
    Last edited by desperado; 02-20-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: adding a url