Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Moments In Eagles History Border Poll - Round 1

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Greatest Moments In Eagles History Border Poll - Round 1

To commemorate the Eagles' 40-year history as depicted in their recently released documentary, we are going to conduct another Border poll. Each member who participates will submit your list of what you think are the TOP 10 Greatest Moments in Eagles history by ranking them in descending order starting with the greatest moment first.

We will conduct this in two separate rounds. In Round 1, we will provide a list of 30 Greatest Moments in Eagles History and give members one week to narrow the list to their choices for what they consider to be the Top 10 Greatest Moments. I will tally the results, and then Round 2, which will also last a week, will have the Top 10 moments from the first round. Members will rank them again for the final Top 10 results. At the end of Round 2, I will compile the totals from all the lists to determine The Border’s ultimate list of Top 10 Greatest Moments.

I will recap how the results will be calculated for members who are new to this. Since there will be 10 events on a list, I’ll assign a point value of 10 points to the event that each person lists in 1st place, 9 points for the 2nd place event, and so on until the last place event gets 1 point as follows:

Moment 1 – 10 points
    Moment 2 – 9 points
    Moment 3 – 8 points
    Moment 4 – 7 points
    Moment 5 – 6 points
    Moment 6 – 5 points
    Moment 7 – 4 points
    Moment 8 – 3 points
    Moment 9 – 2 points
    Moment 10 – 1 point

For example, Person A puts event ‘ABC’ in 3rd place so it gets 8 points; Person B puts ‘ABC’ in 5th place so it gets 6 points; and Person C puts ‘ABC’ in 6th place so it gets 5 points. So all total, the event ‘ABC’ gets 19 points. Then, Person A puts event ‘XYZ’ in 1st place so it gets 10 points; Person B puts ‘XYZ’ in 4th place so it gets 7 points; and Person C puts ‘XYZ’ in 2nd place so it gets 9 points. So all total, the event ‘XYZ’ gets 26 points.

So here’s the list of 30 moments to choose from. We realize there are other significant moments, but these are the ones that made the final cut that you need to choose from for this poll.

Greatest Moments in Eagles History

1. 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band

2. 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt

3. 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released

4. 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single

5. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

6. 1973: Desperado – the band’s second album and first concept album is released

7. 1973: The disgruntled band abandons recording their third album under Glyn Johns and David Geffen and returns to America to hire a new producer, Bill Szymczyk and manager, Irving Azoff

8. 1974: On the Border – the band’s third album is released

9. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound

10. 1974: Eagles play to a crowd of 200,000+ at the California Jam festival

11. 1975: The Best of My Love becomes the band’s first #1 single

12. 1975: One of These Nights – the band’s fourth album is released

13. 1975: One of These Nights becomes the band’s first #1 album, which leads to a string of six consecutive #1 albums

14. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

15. 1976: Eagles win their first Grammy award for Lyin’ Eyes

16. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released

17. 1977: Timothy B. Schmit replaces Randy Meisner who he had replaced in Poco six years earlier

18. 1978: Eagles win Grammy awards for Hotel California (single) and New Kid In Town

19. The Long Run – the band’s sixth album is released

20. 1980: Eagles win a Grammy award for Heartache Tonight

21. 1980: The Eagles play their last concert and privately disbands; an official public announcement is not made until 1982

22. 1993: Eagles agree to appear in Travis Tritt’s Take It Easy video that he covered for the Common Thread: The Songs of the Eagles album, which is credited as the impetus for their reunion

23. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

24. 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together

25. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA

26. 1999: Eagles play The Millennium Concert at the L.A. Staples Center

27. 2001: Don Felder is fired from the band, who, in turn, files a lawsuit against Azoff, Frey, and Henley that was settled in 2007

28. 2007: Long Road Out of Eden – the band’s first album in 29 years is released

29. 2008: Eagles win Grammy award for How Long

30. 2009: Eagles win Grammy award for I Dreamed There Was No War

When you post your Top 10 list, you can copy directly from this list. If you choose to abbreviate the descriptions, please include the number and year for the event i.e.

1. #2 1971: Four original Eagles perform together for first time with Linda Ronstadt
    2. #24 1994: Eagles reunite for Hell Freezes Over

So here we go - Round 1 begins now. This should be interesting!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Greatest Moments In Eagles History Border Poll - Round 1

I'm going to give this some thought...l can't wait to see how the votes go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

1. #16. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released
    2. #14. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band
    3. #9. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound
    4. #25. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA
    5. #4. 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single
    6. #7. 1973: The disgruntled band abandons recording their third album under Glyn Johns and David Geffen and returns to America to hire a new producer, Bill Szymczyk and manager, Irving Azoff
    7. #23. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album
    8. #24. 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together
    9. #1. 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band
    10. #5. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

It was actually pretty easy for me.... HC being released and Joe replacing Bernie are my highlights.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I have a minor correction; Don Felder was fired in 2001.

Stuck on the Border

1. #1 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band

2. #2 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt

3. #5 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

4. #23 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

5. #28. 2007: Long Road Out of Eden – the band’s first album in 29 years is released

6. #11 1975: The Best of My Love becomes the band’s first #1 single

7. #14 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

8. #27 2000: Don Felder is fired from the band, who, in turn, files a lawsuit against Azoff, Frey, and Henley that was settled in 2007

9. #15 1976: Eagles win their first Grammy award for Lyin’ Eyes

10. #21 1980: The Eagles play their last concert and privately disbands; an official public announcement is not made until 1982

1. #3 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released
    2. #4 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single
    3. #2 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt
    4. #11 1975: The Best of My Love becomes the band’s first #1 single
    5. #6 1973: Desperado – the band’s second album and first concept album is released
    6. #1 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band
    7. #10 1974: Eagles play to a crowd of 200,000+ at the California Jam festival
    8. #5 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together
    9. #25 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA
    10. #24 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together

1. #23 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album
    2. #1 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band
    3. #16 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released
    4. #3 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released
    5. #4 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single
    6. #22 1993: Eagles agree to appear in Travis Tritt’s Take It Easy video that he covered for the Common Thread: The Songs of the Eagles album, which is credited as the impetus for their reunion
    7. #24 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together
    8. #14 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band
    9. #21 1980: The Eagles play their last concert and privately disbands; an official public announcement is not made until 1982
    10. #27 2001: Don Felder is fired from the band, who, in turn, files a lawsuit against Azoff, Frey, and Henley that was settled in 2007
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

1) 23. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

2) 21. 1980: The Eagles play their last concert and privately disbands; an official public announcement is not made until 1982

3) 24. 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together

4) 17. 1977: Timothy B. Schmit replaces Randy Meisner who he had replaced in Poco six years earlier

5) 14. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

6) 9. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound

7) 2. 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt

8 ) 7. 1973: The disgruntled band abandons recording their third album under Glyn Johns and David Geffen and returns to America to hire a new producer, Bill Szymczyk and manager, Irving Azoff

9) 27. 2000: Don Felder is fired from the band, who, in turn, files a lawsuit against Azoff, Frey, and Henley that was settled in 2007

10) 25. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have a minor correction; Don Felder was fired in 2001.
    Thanks for catching the typo, FP. I have corrected it in the opening post.

I'm still working on my list too. Making and ranking these lists are always really hard for me. Even though I try not to overthink them, I don't think I'm doing too well this time around.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Greatest Moments in Eagles History

1 ) #23. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

2 ) #13. 1975: One of These Nights becomes the band’s first #1 album, which leads to a string of six consecutive #1 albums

3 ) #5. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

4 ) #14. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

5 ) #9. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound

6 ) #17. 1977: Timothy B. Schmit replaces Randy Meisner who he had replaced in Poco six years earlier

7 ) #3. 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released

8 ) #16. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released

9 ) #28. 2007: Long Road Out of Eden – the band’s first album in 29 years is released

10) #24. 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten