Page 42 of 303 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Woo hoo hoo, GEF! I like that plane registration! The only thing missing from it is the word "in". You know, G_FINBED.

Becky, it's ALWAYS cool when you're reading a book and come across a reference to your favourite stars! I was obsessive enough to look Elvis Presley and The Beatles up in a dictionary I used to have, and I found them!! More recently, I looked up the Eagles, or the individual members (well, actually I just looked up Glenn Frey ), but no luck there, unfortunately.

Mrs Henley, you sure have a cool text book. Text books weren't that exciting when I was at school. I do remember a reference to a song by The Beatles, "When I'm Sixty-Four" (it featured some of its lyrics), in one of my English text books.

GA, we certainly had the time of our lives on 20 March!
    Haha that's a good one Mrs Frey! G_FINBED.
    Bad dreams

Yeh I was actually happy when I finally read something of The Eagles in the book!
    4 years waiting, and the last year finally!

My teacher said I'm crazy

Last year (3th year of High School) we have to write a letter for English to our teacher, about someone you met somewhere and if that special and why and blah blah blah
    I wrote about (you can know it) Don Henley (who else? :P) and my teachers comment on my letter was:
    "Good letter Danielle, you're totaly a huge Don Henley fan. He seems nice to me, hope you will ever meet him real!"

No indeed the Eagles and their bandmembers are not in the dictionary
    In the library in my hometown there was a book about rock and roll and 12(!) pages about the Eagles and the bandmembers! .
    Only it was a German book and my worst language it absolutely German

Glad you had a great time Mrs Frey!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Well alot of things in my school remind me of the eagles:

My Jr. English project was on an american poet however my English teacher (who doesn't like) said that songwritters are also poets so i asked her if i could do Don Henley she said you so my project wa really good.

In history on the last day we were playing a triva game and after each round of regular questions we got to pick a band and answer a round of questions about them well one of the groups forgot how much i love The Eagles and my team won because of that.

And now that i remember when i was in 8th grade our choir did The Heat Is On it was pretty good i watch that dvd just for that.

My Social Studies Fair Project Was on the transformation of Rock music so i could work the Eagles into it.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Aahw how cool! You had a great teacher!!

For my new study I have to get an 'in-take' and my whole portfolio is full with Don Henley, they said when it was my turn to talk with them that they were impressed about my music choice, the Eagles and Don Henley. Actually they were proud on me, one of the teacher said. Because no one of my age loves the Eagles and Don Henley, they didn't know somebody..now they do!

So with thanks to Don I can do the study! Thank you Don, !

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!! We never got to do anything cool like that during my school years.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!!
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Holy Crap - School sure has come a long way since I was last there!!!
    Haha!
    well lots of my teachers love the Eagles so i get away with everything lol

I'm even talking my old choir teacher into either an Eagles song or DH song next year

Also my Debate folder was nothing but DH however i had to talk about 3 things that was important that was a problem

Quote Originally Posted by The_Girl_Of_Summer
    Also my Debate folder was nothing but DH however i had to talk about 3 things that was important that was a problem
    And how did you survived that? I had the same, I just talked about something.

Well I was Like "this is DON HENLEY (i yelled that) he might be GOD and i gave a background just said important things about him and the Eagles And then my teacher was like what else is on your folder and i said nothing is anything else important at which point everyone was laughing including me.

Well I was Like "this is DON HENLEY (i yelled that) he might be GOD and i gave a background just said important things about him and the Eagles And then my teacher was like what else is on your folder and i said nothing is anything else important at which point everyone was laughing including me.
    Ah great! Mostly if you say the word God, teacher will let you talk.

My teacher asked if I can talk about something else exept Don Henley or the Eagles and I tried and I end at Joe Walsh, I didn't say that he was one of the Eagles. Oh and I talked about Glenn. But the most time about Don

Ah great! Mostly if you say the word God, teacher will let you talk.

My teacher asked if I can talk about something else exept Don Henley or the Eagles and I tried and I end at Joe Walsh, I didn't say that he was one of the Eagles. Oh and I talked about Glenn. But the most time about Don
    Yeah my teacher asked me if i talked about of listened to Don Henley or The Eagles and i said i could Quote "Life's Been Good" if you like. Then a week i was doing a Student Congress Bill and in my speech I quoted Don.