Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Felder Tweets

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Felder Tweets

I thought of Don Felder after I heard of Tom Petty's passing. I feel sad for Don; that's a lovely tribute he posted.

As for the other tweet, I don't really know what to make of it, expect that it comes off as very arrogant.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

That's a lovely tribute to Tom Petty.

I assume the earlier tweet is just Don posting something written by someone else that resonated with him. imo, it shows a lack of understanding of the nature of forgiveness and acceptance.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's a great tribute to Tom.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm just going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the post upthread is not about Glenn.
    Me too. At any rate, it’s seems logical that if it is indeed Eagles-related, then it has something to do with the present, e.g. perhaps he reached out to Don H about joining them on the mini-tour and he was rebuffed. Just a wild guess. I really don’t think everything in his life is about Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Regarding the tweet about Tom Petty, I bet it is indeed hard for Felder. I had forgotten about their connection until I read this. A real blow, I'm sure.
    Yes, and Bernie’s brother Tom is no doubt feeling the loss as well, given their history and the relatively recent Mudcrutch reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That's a great tribute to Tom.
    I agree. Thanks, Buffyfan.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Of course everything in his life is not about Glenn, but it's natural that Glenn comes to mind, because Don has said similar things about him. I don't remember him speaking like that about anyone else in public (well, maybe Don H to a lesser degree). So when he shares a quote like that in public, Glenn comes to mind as a possibility. I should change my "Seems like the Glenn thing isn't over" comment, because I can't say for certain what and who Don was referring to...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Wow, the gloves are off in regard to Kathrin. He actually posted this on his FB page and referenced her. "My Petty theme songs for you would be: Don't Come Around Here No More, You Don't Know How It Feels and Don't Do Me Like That."

Also "Dedicated to Kathrin Nicholson @KathriNicholson YOU GOT LUCKY"

I saw that. I have no idea what the tweet meant to tell the truth.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Uh-oh. That doesn’t sound good. He must be really upset to be posting that kind of stuff on social media. Not a good idea, IMO. It’s none of my business, of course, but I hope he removes it for the sake of his son.

(I haven’t seen it myself so maybe I’m reading too much into it?)

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

About how old would their little son be now?

I think he's either in the 1st or 2nd grade.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley