Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

The first thing instance I thought of was when Chicago Bears quarterback, Jim McMahon (an obnoxious, mouthy individual) was traded to the Green Bay Packers to be be Brett Favre's back-up around 10 years ago. Jim McMahon was very disliked here in Wisconsin -so it was very strange to see him wearing the Green and Gold. He arrived in Green Bay at just the right time-that was the year we won the Superbowl. So, Mr. McMahon has a Superbowl ring courtesy of my team!

Oh, btw -our Packers are 10 and 1 so far this season. Can you say Superbowl?!!!! We are happy, happy Cheeseheads around here!

Stuck on the Border

The first time you see the guy in your colours (red, white & blue in my case) it is strange. Amazing how quickly you can adjust. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid and embarrass the fans.

It's funny to hear the term 'Green and Gold' used about another team other than an Australian national team (any sport).

Go cheeseheads! Great news, Molly.

Fp and Molly, it must be a novel experience having to cheer for a player previously disliked. In my sport, rugby, teams are much more fluid, so we have to get used to it. The teams also attract international players, so 'enemies' such as All Black Andrew Mehrtens become heroes when they play for Harlequins.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I probably made it sound more novel than it actually is. Rugby league players change clubs all the time - but this is a big instance for me of an 'enemy' coming to my club. If Liverpool and Manchester United ever signed each other's players, which they don't, I would be more used to this happening.

Stuck on the Border

Woo Hoo! I'm a happy happy Cheesehead today! The Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks yesterday at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. If they win again next week (they'll play either the NY Giants or the Dallas Cowboys) they will be heading for the Superbowl!!

Have to feel sorry for the Seattle Seahawks -they didn't stand a snowball's chance of winning yesterday!!

Brett Favre is just a big kid! To celebrate the win-he started throwing snowballs (instead of footballs)!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congrats to Cheeseheads everywhere, Molly. I'm going to be rooting for you!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Congratulations, Cheeseheads!

That's great news and amazing picures, Molly. We've had some rugby matches in wet conditions, but none in snow so far. Go Packers!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Woo Hoo! I'm a happy happy Cheesehead today! The Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks yesterday at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. If they win again next week (they'll play either the NY Giants or the Dallas Cowboys) they will be heading for the Superbowl!!

Have to feel sorry for the Seattle Seahawks -they didn't stand a snowball's chance of winning yesterday!!
    Very clever, Molly! Congratulations to your team!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

As a foreigner it depends on whether you have been to either Boston or New York and how you feel about both places. I love New York with a passion but I have a very soft spot for Boston, plus I have a tie dye Patriots T shirt, plus they went through the season undefeated, so in this case I'll be supporting the Patriots. But most people might back the Giants because they're the underdog. If it were baseball, Boston Red Sox versus New York Yankees, I'd support the Yankees.

Stuck on the Border

I apologise for the double post. I tried to delete one of them but for some reason the deletion wasn't successful.