Page 167 of 302 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Sorry to hear that Steph, hope all works out soon.

DD - you sound like my old history teacher, he too was obsessed by Russian history and the Romanovs (the most I can remember now is that they were executed in Ekatrinesburg and weren't expecting to be!). Funny you should mention Belvior, I went there years ago whilst staying in the area and it is certainly one of the grandest buildings I have ever visited. Situated high upon a hill and by my reckoning from it you can see the cooling towers of a power station at least a dozen miles away. Would certainly pay a visit again if I ever passed by.
    Ha ha! I hope you liked your history teacher TLR.
    I know, I get these obsessions ~ eg: Mr Henley

But I love coincidences too - I'd never heard of Belvoir till I started reading this book and now you say you've actually been there!!! That's the kinda thing I like
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Steph, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty Hope everything gets better for you

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Steph, sorry to hear about all the issues you've been having. I hope things get better soon.

DD and TLR, I haven't read about the Romanovs since about 30 years ago and I find I've forgotten most of it, apparently. Just so you know, Belvoir to me is a US Army installation in Fairfax County in Virginia! We have a book thread that has been pretty silent lately, it sounds like you read a lot, so feel free to post there as well.

For me, there's a guy who moved into my apartment complex recently, and I've seen him around and we've talked a bit. It was one of those things where there was interest on both sides and both of us felt it. I saw him outside a few hours ago and the conversation headed in the direction of going out somewhere at some time, he asked if I was seeing anyone, etc. I mentioned that I was going out of town this weekend, hesitating to mention going to two Eagles concerts until I knew how such fanaticism would be received. I mentioned missing the first weekend of football due to driving. As we're talking, being a Christian, I'm praying and asking for a sign on whether I should go out with him if he asked. I got a blonde-proof sign! He tells me he's not into sports, and has better things to do with his time than watch football. Or any sport. I said I liked football (understatement, I know) and watch some baseball and hockey as well (nearly every game is 'some', right?). Well, apparently baseball is boring, and hockey is just a bunch of big kids on skates. Really? I politely removed myself from the conversation as soon as I could and took off to the store I had been headed to when I went outside.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

You go Girl. I don't know a guy who doesn't like sports.

Border Troubadour

WF88 unless I'm mistaken is one I can take it or leave it. It's probably actually as my interest in Eagles and music in general has gotten stronger that my interest in sports has begun to wane. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    WF88 unless I'm mistaken is one I can take it or leave it. It's probably actually as my interest in Eagles and music in general has gotten stronger that my interest in sports has begun to wane. Odd.
    You have a good memory....

Let it be clear, I have NOTHING against sports or sports fans at all, it's just that "I" personally cannot get into them. Just like big TV watchers that follow "insert show here". I however have admiration for anyone who is passionate about something and have something they follow or believe in or support. I think it's only healthy and that it's cool. I certainly have things I'm equally passionate about.

I'm just not a TV guy at all. Unless I'm watching a movie or a concert video, I'm NEVER in front of a TV! It has to be really special to keep my attention long enough to sit and watch TV. I'd much rather be on a computer surfing the net and watching YouTube videos or playing music.

I love the Super Bowl though, mostly for the party and the food. Sometimes the halftime performance if it's any good.... I'll act somewhat interested as I'm sitting there wolfing down hot wings or whatever..... Hell I'll even make bets on who's going to win, and I haven't watched a single game! Just playing along is all. Because I do feel like a weirdo for being a guy who doesn't like (AKA NOT HATE) sports and I don't want to be judged for that by other guys. So I'll play along with people who don't know me well.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm just not a TV guy at all. Unless I'm watching a movie or a concert video, I'm NEVER in front of a TV! It has to be really special to keep my attention long enough to sit and watch TV. I'd much rather be on a computer surfing the net and watching YouTube videos or playing music.
    Same on both points, practically everyone I know at uni is watching a TV series and talking about it incessantly (usually Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or The Wire) and I for the life of me couldn't care less about any of them. I also really struggle to watch films, I normally have to take a break every half an hour to maintain concentration on it. I also tend to whittle hours away on the Internet, forums are the biggest contributor to that, followed by YouTube. I love what you can do with the whole thing - I can look up everything from my interest in the American West to speed runs of my favourite video games to listen to just about any song ever recorded. That'll do me!

VA- you are one smart cookie I don't think I could date someone who didn't like sports (especially football!)

Austin, I think it's great that you know what you like and stick with it. I too love everything and anything about the history of the American West, and obviously I love music, so there you go...seems that we all can find common ground on these boards - outside of the Eagles, that is

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Oh, what a day! First off, still no news on the job front. I guess tomorrow. It doesn't sound good...and I'm curious as anything. Today I got in and found my government counterpart wasn't in, he called in sick, and so I had to cover his meetings. I wasn't really prepared to do that, and one involved going to a general's office and sitting on in a teleconference with some muckity-mucks from the Office of the Secretary of Defense and a Presidential Appointee. Fortunately for me, the general is a Steelers fan.

Then I got my hair done and asked him to put the layers back and trim a half inch. Two+ inches later, my hair is way shorter than I wanted. Why do hairdressers have such problems with this?????
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, meeting with a general? Yikes!

And I know what you mean about the hair cut. I ask for a tiny trim and it's always shorter than I wanted! I don't get it either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten