Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Guys' 50th High School Reunions

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default The Guys' 50th High School Reunions

Timothy's 50th high school reunion is this August. I wonder if he'll be able to attend? He has attended in the past, there are lots of photos on the internet. Lucky classmates!!!

How about the other guys? Any info about their 50th reunions? Are Don, Glenn and Joe class of '65? And what are their high schools?
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 05-10-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: The Guys' 50th High School Reunions

Not that I've heard of, MC. That's cool that Timothy has attended his reunions in the past. I may be dreaming this, so someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Glenn also attended one of his class reunions back in the 90's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

It's an intriguing thought. Wouldn't Glenn be the class of '66 as he's a year younger?

It's not a class reunion, but I read somewhere that during the Hotel California tour, the band played a Dondero high school prom. I don't know if it's true - but imaagine turning up at your school dance to find one of the biggest bands in the country there to play for you.

I don't know if they did this back in the day, but wouldn't Timothy and Joe (Glenn too since his birthday is in November) graduated a year later than they suppose sinc their birthday is later in the year. I don't know if they did the you have wait until you turn 5 to start school like they do today.

Glenn said at Pebble Beach that he had attended one of his reunions - I'm not sure he specified which one - so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he attended another one! (Side note: I remember he said one of his classmastes was a founder of the Horizon Milk brand. I still think of that every time I see the brand in the supermarket.)

Don still has ties to Linden and seems to value his small town roots a great deal. I also wouldn't be surprised if he attended his.

As for Joe - he seems to have moved around a lot - he might not have the same kind of investment in a certain high school class. Who knows, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG Soda - Thanks for the reminder! I was thinking I had heard that Glenn had attended one of his reunions, but I had totally forgotten about him telling us about it at Pebble Beach. So I wasn't dreaming cause Pebble Beach was definitely not a dream - it was, however, a dream come true for me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Can you imagine Glenn showing up at your HS reunion? I'm thinking the people at the HS would remember Glenn Lewis Frey aka The Teen King but probably would never expect him to show up. LOL. Can you imagine if DJ gave a spin to The Heat Is On?

Stuck on the Border

"Probably not" was my first thought. But then I started thinking, "why would they not attend?". Because they're on tour and can't make it? Or because those who became celebrities are above meeting old school mates who didn't?

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Not that I've heard of, MC. That's cool that Timothy has attended his reunions in the past. I may be dreaming this, so someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Glenn also attended one of his class reunions back in the 90's.
    I love them days.your awesome..Stephanie curry

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
    Can you imagine Glenn showing up at your HS reunion? I'm thinking the people at the HS would remember Glenn Lewis Frey aka The Teen King but probably would never expect him to show up. LOL. Can you imagine if DJ gave a spin to The Heat Is On?
    I know! You know every 5 years everyone's like, "Do you think he'll be here this time???!!" You can see some of the photos of Timothy with his classmates compiled in this video, you can tell because they have the stickers on their shirts with their name and senior photo. I think he may have performed at one of his reunions with "Tom and Ron," too. You know those guys were practicing for weeks ahead of time to play with Tim and get their old songs down cold again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RCaRiuhxE

The guys would really have to go in with the mindset of, "I'm going to talk to anyone and everyone who wants to talk to me, and take a pic with everyone who wants one." They would have to be really generous with themselves, even more so than usual. No security, no spouse, just - here I am, classmates!