Page 8 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Well, as we all know there are 3 sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth. Anything we say is pure conjecture, as I'm sure there is embellishment and exaggeration on all sides. None of us will ever know the full truth, and honestly, it doesn't really matter. It takes a lot of courage to admit your shortcomings and own up to being wrong, especially in front of millions of people. I enjoyed the documentary immensely and I'm excited for part 2 tonight.
    Very good point- and add to that that it's been years so memories fade or as happens at times, you "embellish" a story enough, you start to believe it as truth also.

My question I've often thought about & was not answered last night & probably not tonight is if things were that bad with Felder, why when they reunited was he a part once again?

I really need to pull out Heaven & Hell & read it in hopes that it will answer many of my questions. But I've never been sure how accurate it is.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

every time I saw one of those jackets with the E on it...I was thinking 'I wonder if those are still around?...wouldn't it be awesome to have one of those?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well said, WW.

Willie - I don't think you'll get your answer to your question in Felder's book. IIRC, I think he had made it clear to Irvin that he definitely wanted in if there was ever a reunion, but didn't go into much detail about him being invited back. I do recall in some HFO interviews that Glenn and/or Don H. stated that they felt the reunion would be more legitimate if all the former members returned. I guess they thought that enough time, maturing, and sobriety had taken place during the break that everyone deserved a second chance and would be able to get along much better. That is why Joe's return was contingent on his sobriety. I know that the reason that Glenn backed out of the reunion plans in 1990 is because he didn't think they were all in the 'right' place at the time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Yes, I am a little disappointed that pretty much nothing is mentioned about their personal lives. I guess they like to keep it that way! I guess it would get too long & complicated if they got into it, but it would have been nice to get a little more info on that!
    This is about the band.... but if they are getting into Joe's rehab, well that's pretty personal.
    The documentary is "the story of the band"...personal lives (wives etc ) really dont have anything to do with it. They GF and DH deceided to "tell the story about the band"
    As far as Joe goes,,,it is my understanding that the band wanted him back but he had to clean up his act.....This i have seen quoted in many interviews,,,,I think JW's biggest thing was VODKA.
    again jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Well, as we all know there are 3 sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth. Anything we say is pure conjecture, as I'm sure there is embellishment and exaggeration on all sides. None of us will ever know the full truth, and honestly, it doesn't really matter. It takes a lot of courage to admit your shortcomings and own up to being wrong, especially in front of millions of people. I enjoyed the documentary immensely and I'm excited for part 2 tonight.
    yes ww , very well said...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well said, WW.

Willie - I don't think you'll get your answer to your question in Felder's book. IIRC, I think he had made it clear to Irvin that he definitely wanted in if there was ever a reunion, but didn't go into much detail about him being invited back. I do recall in some HFO interviews that Glenn and/or Don H. stated that they felt the reunion would be more legitimate if all the former members returned. I guess they thought that enough time, maturing, and sobriety had taken place during the break that everyone deserved a second chance and would be able to get along much better. That is why Joe's return was contingent on his sobriety. I know that the reason that Glenn backed out of the reunion plans in 1990 is because he didn't think they were all in the 'right' place at the time.
    dreamer , ou make very good points too,,,and really i think we all see and intrerpert things differently.

my sister asked me what my favorite part of it was...couldn't even answer her...loved every minute of it...I'll never hear Life in the Fast Lane again without thinking of Glenn and how he got the title!...I knew there were drugs but I guess I didn't realize how much!!

I'll add more comments later but - there was a bit where Glenn was singing softly while playing guitar. I couldn't quite make out the words. Was anyone else able to? If so, was he singing a song by someone else or did we get to hear a bit of an Eagles outtake?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'll add more comments later but - there was a bit where Glenn was singing softly while playing guitar. I couldn't quite make out the words. Was anyone else able to? If so, was he singing a song by someone else or did we get to hear a bit of an Eagles outtake?
    oh I don't remember that...I'll have to watch again!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Michele's husband Mike decided he wants to see Part 1 before Part 2, so they are coming over in a few minutes and we'll watch it again. I'll keep an eye out for it. Or ear, as the case may be.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.