Page 238 of 301 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

A very agreeable list. Never been a huge fan of the Rolling Stones, but I certainly can't deny they belong there.

Stuck on the Border

Niether Journey nor Bon Jovi would be on my list. If you swapped them for Dire Straits & Genesis I could relate to it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Will One Direction's next album be influenced by the Eagles (and Fleetwood Mac)?

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz...ing-new-album/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, I'll say this - they must have good taste!

Now, in reference to that NY Daily News fan poll that VA posted about earlier, I think it's a pretty good list overall. While the top three picks are very predictable, I am somewhat surprised that Aerosmith came out a slot ahead of our guys for the fourth spot. In fairness, I probably would rate them as the 2nd best American band, but definitely not ahead of the Eagles. The only reason I can think of for this is because Aerosmith represents a harder rock sound as opposed to the Eagles always being labeled as country rock. Still though, I can't think of any other legitimate reason to rate them higher. I'd be very interested in what others think about this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I posted this in the thread about the show, but I also think that it needs to be posted here:
    http://www.spokesman.com/picture-stories/eagles-soar/

Some very cool photos, especially the ones capturing Glenn and Don laughing.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, I'll say this - they must have good taste!

Now, in reference to that NY Daily News fan poll that VA posted about earlier, I think it's a pretty good list overall. While the top three picks are very predictable, I am somewhat surprised that Aerosmith came out a slot ahead of our guys for the fourth spot. In fairness, I probably would rate them as the 2nd best American band, but definitely not ahead of the Eagles. The only reason I can think of for this is because Aerosmith represents a harder rock sound as opposed to the Eagles always being labeled as country rock. Still though, I can't think of any other legitimate reason to rate them higher. I'd be very interested in what others think about this.
    I am not an Aerosmith fan except for a couple of tracks. I don't believe they should be above the Eagles but they should be way ahead of Bon Jovi & Journey who as I said I wouldn't have on the list at all. It's an American list.

Border Troubadour

Great photos - loved the ones with Don and Glenn cracking up...wonder what made them laugh so much. Luv it!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Banned

This is an old interview, before Long Road Out Of Eden but after Felder's exit. I'm sure some have read it already but it's worth a look.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/feat...gles-interview.

How would you define the roles of the four members of the Eagles?

Glenn Frey: Oh, that’s easy! I’m the rhythm guitar player, piano player and arranger. Joe is the lead guitar player. Timothy is the high singing bass player. And Don is the drummer, the main singer and the lyric police.

I wonder if Tim's, People Can Change has been released in some form yet?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I am not an Aerosmith fan except for a couple of tracks. I don't believe they should be above the Eagles but they should be way ahead of Bon Jovi & Journey who as I said I wouldn't have on the list at all. It's an American list.
    It's an American list of suburbanites stuck in the 80s! Like you, I can't believe Bon Jovi and Journey made the list. The Doors are more significant musically and culturally and have stood the test of time. Where is AC/DC and The Who.

Shout out to VA for the Laurel Canyon Radio link - what a fabulous idea for a radio station.