Page 262 of 273 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    with only 7 school days to the end of the semester, most of the students are done with their Social Studies. Today I started playing HOTE for those students that had nothing else to do. Of course I had to FF through the naked people in Colorado but most kids seemed to enjoy it. One student finished his work today and asked if he could start watching it tomorrow! Such hard work.
    What about the swearing and the drugs 'n groupies references though?!

You're a cool teacher The kids must love you.

Side comment: that nude hippie thing was so lamely gratuitious. At least the nude groupie served a purpose - it was something outrageous that actually happened to the group; it showed how wild it was getting. The nude hippies were just supposed to "set the mood." I think it might have even been stock footage. There were certainly no Eagles in it. I was unimpressed.

One of my little criticisms in a documentary that is, for the most part, very good.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's a very entertaining documentary and those Eagles guys are sure interesting, to paraphrase Stevie Nicks. I wish the interview segments (really snippets) with Randy weren't so flashingly brief but better than nothing I guess.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Just bought my dvd of this documentary. I can't wait to watch it when I get home in an hour!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I just got done watching the dvds. I'm going to watch it a few more times before I write my opinion about it, but a few notes:

The documentary is too short!

In my opinion, on the 2nd disc, they spent too much time on HFO and too little time on the events since. The second disc should've been at least 90 minutes long.
    I wish that they would've talked more about the solo efforts of the 80s.
    Also, the personal issues. Apart from Joe's rehab, there's nothing much about the other guys' issues. How/why did the other guys get clean? (I know about Glenn, but it would've been nice to hear it at least mentioned )

I must say that I when they put Don in the tv and pretended like he was falling out of a window.

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow with my uncle, and I'll post more opinions about it afterward.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. Just one suggestion - write something before you read this gigantic thread. Then we'll have the fun of seeing how your opinions might change after reading everyone else's comments. I know that at times, I can hardly believe I saw the same film as some others and I'm glad I wrote a "review" while I was still fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. Just one suggestion - write something before you read this gigantic thread. Then we'll have the fun of seeing how your opinions might change after reading everyone else's comments. I know that at times, I can hardly believe I saw the same film as some others and I'm glad I wrote a "review" while I was still fresh.
    Well, I've already read about 15 pages of this thread, but I'll try to ignore it!
    -Kim-

AG, what was your Eagles fandom/level of devotion like before you saw the doc? I always loved their music, and had seen them three times in concert in recent years. But the documentary took it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    AG, what was your Eagles fandom/level of devotion like before you saw the doc? I always loved their music, and had seen them three times in concert in recent years. But the documentary took it to another level.
    I've always loved their music since I was a kid. I can remember being 7 / 8 years old and trying to figure out what the heck Hotel California was about, but it was just about the music. Never saw them live. I knew nothing about the guys until about 2 months when my uncle decided to play the "Boys of Summer" video on youtube when I was at his house. That was the beginning of an intense love of the guys that I hadn't had before. I'd say that before the watching the documentary yesterday increased that love probably 10x at least.
    I feel a bit of a connection with Don H because of very similar upbringings. I was born and raised in a small town (pop 600) in southwest Georgia. There's nothing but farming here either!
    -Kim-

2 other things while I'm thinking about them:

I want to thank Cindy or their kids(whomever found the How Long video from back in the day. JD said Cindy. Glenn said his kids). How Long is probably my favorite song on the LRooE album.

On the bonus concert dvd, when Joe does Rocky Mountain Way, did he change the lyrics from "bases are loaded and Casey's at bat" to "bases are loaded and Carter's at bat"?... a reference to Jimmy Carter, who was then president, I think?
    -Kim-