Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

So SS, where do you thing they are being "hidden" and why do you think they have not been released.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    So SS, where do you thing they are being "hidden" and why do you think they have not been released.
    In the vaults I guess. They probably haven't been released because they're "not up to Eagles standards"

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Felder himself must have had huge numbers of demos, given that he provided large numbers of tracks from which Henley/Frey choose a couple. E.g. the well-told story of them picking their ears up for Hotel California.
    That’s a bit different. I don’t think he has the demos anymore, and that was done to make a new album. Tracks that didn’t make it were simply thrown away

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Felder mentions having copies of some demos when they attempted to make what would become LROOE in his book. I have not read it in a long time but if I remember right, he mentions taking them home and still having them.

YEF - Believe SS -he/she knows what they are talking about. I also believe they have tons of footage and demos that they do not want to release sitting in vaults somewhere. They managed to hand over stuff for the HOTE. Yep, bet there is plenty more.
    They have some stuff but not as much as people think. I don’t think they thought about keeping a lot of those demos for the long term. They are still surprised people cared for them this long, they didn’t think they’d be relevant anymore. LROOE is also different in that it was a failed album attempt that was going to eventually lead to an album. They still planned on doing an album just not them so they saved the stuff for later usage

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    They have some stuff but not as much as people think.
    How much is not as much?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    They have some stuff but not as much as people think. I don’t think they thought about keeping a lot of those demos for the long term. They are still surprised people cared for them this long, they didn’t think they’d be relevant anymore. LROOE is also different in that it was a failed album attempt that was going to eventually lead to an album. They still planned on doing an album just not them so they saved the stuff for later usage
    Are you suggesting that the demos they did with Felder way back in 1998 or thereabouts were used for LROOE? I don't think that is the case. All the LROOE songs as far as I am aware were 'new' by Eagles standards. In my view it's wrong to state as NKIT does that the 'failed album' attempted with Felder became LROOE.

I'm not going to claim knowledge of what exists when I know precisely nothing about it.

Stuck on the Border

Felder mentioned "I love to watch a woman dance" as one of the songs put forward for the 1999 attempt. However, his descriptions of the other songs, don't fit with the other tracks that made it on to LROOE.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Felder mentioned "I love to watch a woman dance" as one of the songs put forward for the 1999 attempt. However, his descriptions of the other songs, don't fit with the other tracks that made it on to LROOE.
    Yes, thanks for that clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Are you suggesting that the demos they did with Felder way back in 1998 or thereabouts were used for LROOE? I don't think that is the case. All the LROOE songs as far as I am aware were 'new' by Eagles standards. In my view it's wrong to state as NKIT does that the 'failed album' attempted with Felder became LROOE.

I'm not going to claim knowledge of what exists when I know precisely nothing about it.
    I tend to lean with the band's statements is all. I cannot claim to know anything which is the safe thing to do. When I meant was in Felder's book he talks about the band trying to put an album together. They had some material I believe " I love to watch a woman dance" was one, Felder had one called "Little Latin Lover" a song Glenn liked. Some of that work was put onto LROOE. Not Felder material but other band material was. Like I also said the only record of the failed attempt to reunite before HFO in which the band put some stuff together, is a video by Felder. There is probably some stuff but the band generally wasn't think about stuff like this and I don't think they took great care with that stuff. It's probably somewhere but I;m just hesitant to call the band basically, liars

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    How much is not as much?
    I don't believe they would have as much as fleetwood mac has. A lot of people wish the band did a HC package similar to FM in terms of releasing demos and such. The most they probably have was like the long run leftovers which is tad different since it was originally going to be a double album. I don't claim to know this but this is just my inclination.