Page 135 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    The pirate ship was called EAGLE and the fearless(this stood really there) captain was called Frey!
    That's so funny! How ironic!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Incredible! But soooo cool!

Our Fearless Leader!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Koala, great find with that book.

EF, very cool about Don being mentioned in your textbook. That must've been really exciting to stumble upon that. I sure hope you got your assignment finished. I know i'd have a hard time getting any homework done knowing that Don's mentioned in one of my textbooks.

I had two reminders recently. Well, one of them happened about a month ago. That one would be when I won an eagle from one of those claw machines that you try to win stuffed animals from. My niece, Natalie, wanted to try the game but gave up after two tries then asked me to play for her. I asked her which animal she wanted me to try to get and she pointed out the Eagle and I got it on the first try. That was the first time I have ever won something from the claw machine. Nat was so happy when I won it. She ran to her mom to show her and said "Auntie Jessica won this Eagle for me!!" Since the eagle is the school mascot for my hometown her mom said "Cool, that's like the Weatherford Eagles." Natalie added "And it's like Auntie Jessica's Eagles." Here's a pic of Nat's prize.

My second reminder is from a t-shirt that my mom gave me last week. This is supposed to be for my hometown Weatherford Eagles but I like to think that it's also for our guys too.

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Cool shirt Peek!!! And what did Nat name the little Eagle? Donny?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

So cute, Jess!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I always loved it when one of my textbooks would mention something really cool in it - gave me a whole new respect for it.

And Jess - that Eagle and tee shirt are both beautiful!!!

Well I was on the phone talking to Soda last night as she was driving to her friend's house in Mississippi. She passed through Coffeyville. Both of us said something simulanteously along the lines of "hope you don't spot two brothers lyin' dead". Ah - great minds.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    And what did Nat name the little Eagle? Donny?
    Lol! I'm not sure if she named it or not but i'll be sure and run that name by her. Nat named her puppy that she got a few months ago Skittles so there's really no telling what she named the Eagle.
    ~Jess~

EF's post about Don being mentioned in one of her textbooks reminded me of an assignment that I had in my English Lit. class in high school. I can't believe I'm only just now remembering this. This was either during my junior or senior year because it was after Don's Inside Job album came out. It was during the poetry section of the class and my teacher had us listen to Taking You Home and They're Not Here, They're Not Coming. I remember we had to write about our thoughts and interpretations of both songs and then discuss it with the rest of the class. I'm wondering if I still have those papers boxed up somewhere in my parents basement with the rest of my high school stuff. I know I kept some of that stuff but the question is where in the basement among the thousand other boxes is it at.

At the time I didn't know anything about Don or who he was but I knew of Taking You Home because it was being played on the radio quite a bit and I really liked the song. Not long after that assignment I bought Inside Job. I wasn't into any of the other songs except TYH but I never really gave the whole album a chance till I really got into The Eagles about 3 years later. After buying The Very Best Of album I was hooked and the rest is history.
    ~Jess~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I've had a few this weekend. Saturday when we were getting the Sirius hooked up in my car, they were having trouble adjusting the bass and treble etc. There was a comment made about there not being enough bass and I kiddingly said "I really like the 'booming bass' of the Eagles" and Larry came back with "no, you really like the bass player of the Eagles". Glad he's secure enough that that doesn't bother him.

And also, while they were working on that stereo at ABC Warehouse, I decided to head next door to waste some time at the Bargain Book store. I went to the entertainment section and picked up a huge book about singles released the last 30-40 years. The first page I opened to was 1977, one page had a picture of the Eagles and the other page had a picture of Stevie Nicks. A good combination I thought.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

This is kind of silly, but it made me grin. I just got an email back from the headmistress of a local school (I enquired about classroom vacancies) and instead of "Dear Louise", she obviously made a typo, and it said "Lear Louise." Couldn't help thinking of Don's infamous activities in the '70s and how I wouldn't have objected if he wanted to Lear me over to wherever he was!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--