Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Well I finally ended up having Glenn and most of the Eagles show up in my dreams last night. I know I was so emotional after the Grammys performance and I tend to have dreams like this a lot but with other celebs I'm a fan of, so I had a feeling this was going to happen but the 2nd one of the two was so vivid and weirdly comforting. The first I had was that Glenn apparently did some sort of acoustic performance last spring/summer and it was finally airing. He did his Eagles and solo songs, a couple covers, and then apparently a new song but I don't remember the lyrics just that I never heard it before. I think maybe my mind was making up for me never seeing him live.

Then it morphed into the 2nd dream which was so vivid. I remember it starting out that I thought I was watching "Almost Famous" since I saw the actor who played William sitting by a record player till I realized it wasn't the movie's characters as Don and Glenn were actually sitting opposite me on a couch looking like they did around 1973 or 1974 based off hairstyles and Glen having long hair but no mustache. It seemed to be in a dressing room backstage somewhere. Glenn was playing a guitar quietly while Don was lounging with his arms crossed listening to a Beatles record Cameron Crowe (who my mind showed with the actor who played William) was playing. Randy was sitting in a chair along the wall quietly listening along too, Bernie was lying on the floor throwing I think a tennis ball against the wall, and I think Felder was sitting in a chair next to mine (I only really saw the guy from profile so I think it was Felder as he was blonde).

Anyway, Cameron is asking the guys about how The Beatles were an influence on them and I hear Don start talking about how they watched them as kids and the same things we heard on the "History of the Eagles" doc. I keep looking around the room as my thoughts start realizing that one, this isn't a movie and I shouldn't be there and that I hear "Come Together" playing. I look over at Glenn and see him playing his guitar along with the song and it's matching perfectly. Suddenly Glenn all of a sudden speaks and says "It's always the ones like that that go first."

We all look up at him and both Cameron and Don looked puzzled, Randy looks concerned, and I'm shocked he said that. The thought comes to me that this is years before John died and he shouldn't know that. Cameron asks what that means and I'm starting to speak when I see Glenn look up and stare straight at me. I then hear him speaking though his mouth never moves saying "Amanda, don't tell them the truth. They need this and you need this. Just let us have this for a little while."

I'm shocked he spoke to me as I actually heard his voice. So I try to think of what to say and end up saying something with my Beatle knowledge that John always wanted to start a band and how when he met Paul it finally started working so he was the originator/leader of the band. Cameron nods as he gets that and Don starts laughing and teasing Glenn for getting all the credit when he played a part too. Both Cameron and I even point out how they are like Lennon & McCartney. Glenn laughs about it and goes back to playing his guitar and talking with the other guys and I'm taking this all in right before I wake up.

It was just both so weird with the timing and how he spoke to me in it. It felt like I was there as I could feel the chair I was sitting in and remember so much of the details. I know I got inspired by "Almost Famous" and Cameron's story to start actually writing my own fictional stories I was creating as well (which have become my self-published novels) and how music always inspires me to write, so I feel like it makes sense for me to imagine this. And seeing the guys perform for Glenn last night I feel just brought this on but I'm glad it did. It was amazing to be in the same room with them and see them happy, especially Glenn.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That is an incredible dream Amanda!! Love how vivid it was!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    That is an incredible dream Amanda!! Love how vivid it was!
    It was amazing. I tend to have vivid dreams sometimes and I got told once in a screenwriting class I took in college that's a sign of being a writer and to write these down as some will work as story ideas. Then I have these kinds where it makes me question the meanings but also the idea of seeing them interact when they were young was so great. This one for sure is going in my dream journal.

I had a great dream last night. I think the first since Glenn's death.

Ok. So I was the band's personal assistant. It was Thanksgiving. So we were getting ready for a Thanksgiving dinner. I was helping out the guys. The only two I can remember during this part was Don and Glenn. Someone ask me to fix the table which I did. The guest started to arrival. Somewhere during this time, Don and Glenn started to play Get Over It. Glenn picked up his guitar and started playing the solos to Get Over IT and somebody was singing it. It wasn't Don or Glenn. The Don in my dream was today's Don and the Glenn in my dream was 80s Glenn(No Fun Aloud era). So Don brings out a piece of paper with music tabs on there. So I told Don you and Glenn write great together. We both laugh.

Another part of the dream, Glenn had on white clothes. Glenn was almost dressed up like what he had on on his No Fun Aloud album cover. His shirt was literally unbutton except for two buttons. I told him something like, "you're trying some show some chest." We both laugh and then I said you and Don. So he goes to a room where I'm right there with him and he was trying to fix his shirt. It didn't work. His shirt was still unbutton. It was like a long string was closing up the shirt. Kinda like Don's vest he had on when he was promoting Cass County. A chain was kinda closing up the buttons.

Then another part of the dream, we were at the mall. IT was like nobody knew who they were. All I remembered in the dream was Don, Glenn and Bernie. I was locked arms with Glenn and he told something like you're one of our best personal assistant. They had another one before me and they enjoyed it.

Then I woke up. That was my first dream since Glenn's death that dreamed about Glenn and the other guys. I wanted to cry. I don't know what brought on that dream, but one of my favorites.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-23-2016 at 07:11 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks everyone for sharing all of your dreams. They are all very interesting and some even downright weird.

My user name here is a bit deceiving because I rarely dream in my sleep and even if I do, I usually don't remember them. I'm more of a daydreamer.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm the same way Dreamer. I can become oblivious to the outside world while daydreaming, but I can only remember a handful of dreams that I have. That Joe dream from over 8 months ago is the last dream that I can remember any details about.

Shun, that job sounds like the perfect dream job. Being a PA for an 80s Glenn.... nice!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Wow! These are cool dreams! I never have such vivid dreams. I did have a dream with Glenn in it actually about a month before he passed.

I walked into this bar where you had to go up these stairs for the back stage area. At the top of the stairs is this big open room with tables and chairs. There were a few people walking around. Off of the big room was a smaller room and I glanced in. I saw the side view of Glenn. He was standing there in a suit, there was a clothes rack and he was speaking to some woman. I assumed it was his wardrobe and he was getting ready for a show. Then I quickly turned away because I didn't want them to see me looking in. I walked down the stairs again to what looked like and empty bar and then my dream ended.

Not as cool and vivid as the others but I thought it was strange that I had a dream with Glenn in it.

I had a dream when I took a nap today...I was plotting with a friend to go to Joe's show in Detroit...well in my dream...it was actually Ann Arbor MI that he was going to play...and we wanted to go so we could see his tribute to Glenn...we decided MI wasn't that far...and we would rent a van and pile into it..we were looking at maps and things...that's all I can remember..

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I had a dream about them a few years back. The original Eagles lineup(Glenn, Bernie, Randy, & Don) and I were tearing up the countryside--Storming the fields and raiding the abandoned houses in the area. Desperado-like, in its own way. The song "Ol' 55" was playing in the dream.

To this day, the image of me looking from the top of that rickety stairwell down at the guys and exchanging plans of attack is still firmly planted in my brain.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Wow! Can't believe no one has posted on this thread since 2016!
    I've had Glenn Frey dreams 2 nights in a row. I guess because Soda and I had talked recently about our regrets in not being able to attend the Bossier City concert in 2015, I dreamed Wednesday night that I was at the concert. I was sitting a few rows back from the stage and I could see Glenn leaning over and kissing people in the front row at the end of the concert. Besides being irritated that I was not on the front row getting a kiss, I was sad. I remember thinking that he must know this was going to be his last concert and I woke up very sad.