Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I missed Timothy’s segment! Hopefully it will air again.
    Timothy talked about this in an interview awhile back. If I’m not mistaken, it was posted in his press thread.

I could have sworn I read he had started seeing his 2nd wife right before he joined the Eagles. I guess he and the 1st were separated by then.

Btw, Fairport Convention is one I left off the “Influences” list.
    Delilah - That's interesting about Tim still be married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I had assumed the same thing. All the pictures of him from the RS baseball game show him with Jean.

I had to look that title up and yep that's the song I knew with The Temptations and my other favorite group, the Osmonds sang it too. I didn't know Al sang I Can't Get Next To You too. His version came out a year after the Temptations.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-15-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - That's interesting about Tim still be married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I had assumed the same thing. All the pictures of him from the RS baseball game show him with Jean.
    I know. I was like, wait!!! Timothy was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I was like what happened between when Timothy getting the call in late 1977 to the softball game in May 1978. I know he wasn't talking about Jean being on vacation because why would Jean go on vacation alone with Timothy's daughter especially if you are starting to date around that time. Do we know when Timothy actually joined the Eagles?

Delilah. Its not airing again until tomorrow at 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central. I actually thought it was coming on tonight at that time, but its tomorrow.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-14-2017 at 06:28 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Oh, I haven’t seen the ones with Jean.

Shun, I didn’t know the Osmonds covered that. I’m only familiar with The Temptations version.

ETA: thanks for the info about tomorrow, I thought I might have to wait a few days.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

First off, been lurking around the board for about a year now, but never registered until just now.

Anyways, in this interview (http://timothybschmitfans.com/otr1101.html) Timothy says:
    Yeah, well, during that 13 years, I spent a lot of time hoping and wishing that it would. I was really humbled during that time. My whole lifestyle changed. I started hustling, started, you know, I was singing for people I probably wouldn't normally sing for. I did it just because I didn't want to do anything other than the music. After the band broke up, I was going through a horrible divorce. I lost a lot of stuff. I lost houses. I lost my record deal after my first solo album. Things were just, like, not lookin’ that good, except for the fact that I was with-who is my wife now-I was just starting to be with her and she was...that was the great part of my life then; and we eventually had a child and then a second child.
    In a more recent interview(https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...solo-career/):

Next we wind the clock back to ’77 and Schmit’s thoughts on first becoming an Eagle.

He remembers meeting his current partner Jean around the same time and she put everything in perspective.

“My wife and I were just getting to know each other.

When I told her what I did, she was so unimpressed and I found that really attractive.

“She said, ‘I heard you’re joining the Eagles, are you sure about that?’ because she didn’t like them very much.

“But she’s very encouraging of my whole solo thing. She knows it’s part of my happiness. We’ve known each other a long time and we’re best friends.”
    So I'm guessing (and it really is just a guess) it was shortly after joining the Eagles that he and his first wife separated, and that he started seeing Jean around the same time.

I just notice that Bob's guest DJ show is coming up, but I didn't see a date or time. It just popped up on my screen, but they went straight into Good Day in Hell. It was probably an error because they would had the date and time for the special, but I think it is coming up very soon. I will post the date and time once I hear it.

Don't forgot Timothy's guest DJ show repeats today at 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central and JD's guest DJ show debuts tonight at 7:00pm Eastern/6:00pm Central.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-15-2017 at 12:03 PM.

I wanted to change that his first wife and daughter were on vacation when he got the call not when Timothy went to JD's house and JD told him the news.

Stuck on the Border

Shun and Delilah and Everyone Else - Thanks so much for all your updates.

As I have said before, I don't get Sirius so it is nice to hear at least a little of what's going on and being played/talked about. I would have loved to hear JD and also would love to hear Bob.

Here are JD played. I'm going to try to remember the stories because I really didn't write it down and usually forget. He did talk about Don and Glenn a lot. Overall it was a great show. He mostly played the songs he wrote with Don, Glenn, his solo songs and song he sung backup on.

1. New Kid In Town
    2. Polly - Dillard & Clark
    3. You Never Cry Like a Lover
    4. Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone
    5. Victim Of Love
    6. Black Rose - JD (Don and Glenn singing backup)
    7. Heartache Tonight - A nice story about the song and he and Glenn listen to Sam Cooke and how he did a lot of shuffles with his songs and wanted to do a shuffle like song. Of course brought up Bob about helping out on the chorus.
    8. Rider in the Rain - Randy Newman (Wikipedia said the Eagles sang back up, but I thought I remembered him saying him and Glenn. I do hear Don in there).
    9. IF Dirt Were Dollars - Don and JD were writing this song as they were listening to Ronald Reagan's State of the Union address.
    10. Don't Know What I'm Gonna Do - JD
    11. Best of My Love - I think he said Glenn called him and asked him if he could come London ASAP to help with them with Best of My Love because they are stuck. JD flew to London the next day. He also told the story about hearing the edited version on radio. And also the story of the DJ in Wisconsin playing the song before it came out.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here are JD played. I'm going to try to remember the stories because I really didn't write it down and usually forget. He did talk about Don and Glenn a lot. Overall it was a great show. He mostly played the songs he wrote with Don, Glenn, his solo songs and song he sung backup on.

1. New Kid In Town
    2. Polly - Dillard & Clark
    3. You Never Cry Like a Lover
    4. Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone
    5. Victim Of Love
    6. Black Rose - JD (Don and Glenn singing backup)
    7. Heartache Tonight - A nice story about the song and he and Glenn listen to Sam Cooke and how he did a lot of shuffles with his songs and wanted to do a shuffle like song. Of course brought up Bob about helping out on the chorus.
    8. Rider in the Rain - Randy Newman (Wikipedia said the Eagles sang back up, but I thought I remembered him saying him and Glenn. I do hear Don in there).
    9. IF Dirt Were Dollars - Don and JD were writing this song as they were listening to Ronald Reagan's State of the Union address.
    10. Don't Know What I'm Gonna Do - JD
    11. Best of My Love - I think he said Glenn called him and asked him if he could come London ASAP to help with them with Best of My Love because they are stuck. JD flew to London the next day. He also told the story about hearing the edited version on radio. And also the story of the DJ in Wisconsin playing the song before it came out.
    Rider In The Rain, one of my great favourites, does indeed feature Souther, Frey & Henley, but it's Frey you hear above all just as on Baltimore from the same album, and Short People from the same album (Little Criminals).