Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hair Help!

Default Re: Hair Help!

The second one....THAT'S THE ONE!!!! Lol!

It may be shorter, but it's not short by any means. It's still past your shoulders. I love it down like that. Did it take a long time to style that way or did you just let it dry naturally?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Assuming the curl is natural (which it looks like it is), I think you'd look great in something about the same length as in the Fleetwood Mac picture, but with more established layers.

Having grown up with extremely curly hair, I learned early on the futility of trying to fight the curl. Nowadays, mine stays short and layered because I hate the fuss of doing anything else with it.

Hi sodascouts! I like the length and blunt cut look that your hair has now. I don't know whether you'd be really truly happy with a change in length or dramatic layers. You can always change the way you wear your hair by collecting styles that don't require a different haircut or length, and by trying them out to see how they'd look. It is nice to preserve that styling/versatility option. Maybe an occasional trim would keep the end-straggles even, and that might cause your hair to look thicker throughout its length.

I use Pantene Volume Shampoo. (only the shampoo--right now, not an additional conditioner)
    An add -- The Pantene two-in-one products (shampoo+conditioner) are not too bad, either.

P.S. There's no real "hair-magic" that a completely new haircut and style could give you. The conception is illusory. It is all practice, to get everything to work together in an individually complementary way.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    The second one....THAT'S THE ONE!!!! Lol!

It may be shorter, but it's not short by any means. It's still past your shoulders. I love it down like that. Did it take a long time to style that way or did you just let it dry naturally?
    I just let it air dry and didn't use product except shampoo and conditioner. I think I just lucked out there as it usually was frizzier than that - of course the picture was taken in Arizona where humidity is not an issue!

WE - it is naturally curly. Straightening it takes way too much effort, so I just let it do its thing, lol.

Lisa - I know there is no magic cure but I sure am benefiting from all the advice!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I really like the length of it in that last group picture...really frames your face well...I think you just need a good trim...
    ..and you are SO lucky to have naturally curled hair!!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

To be honest Soda, I really thought your hair was fabulous in Niagara Falls.
    My hair is quite thin and takes a long time to grow. The Friday before I headed over to the States my hairdresser cajoled me into buying an extension which is very easy to use and immediately added length and volume.A

Anyway, here I am with Soda the morning after the first gig. One of my colleagues whom I don't know very well asked if Soda was my sister!

Soda, I'll take that as a compliment. I would hate to see you do anything too drastic to your hair. Its fantastic as it is!

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Agreed. I have a very nice photo of myself at Niagara with Soda & I'd like to post it but I don't know if she would want me to.

Soda, your hair just looks like you need a good shaping. If you have been growing it out, & haven't had a haircut in a long time, I would ask the hairdresser for advice, to keep it long but shape it. Maybe some long layers & a little shorter in the front. I also think you would look great with some very subtle highlights in the front. Just my opinion....

I wanted my hair long too, so I had a Japanese hair straightening & let it grow down to my waist. It looked good, but I found that my face is a little thin & it was dragging my face down. I later got a really cute cut to the end of my neck & angle cut shorter in the back & longer in the front. Everyone loves it like this, but sometimes I miss the really long hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    To be honest Soda, I really thought your hair was fabulous in Niagara Falls.
    Thanks for the compliment, GA. The nights of the concerts I took special care with it, and I think it did turn out well - although obviously I had not styled it yet in that pic, lol. In fact, I look rather tubby there - I've lost about 25 pounds since then, thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Agreed. I have a very nice photo of myself at Niagara with Soda & I'd like to post it but I don't know if she would want me to.
    Probably not. I'm afraid I don't look very good in most of the Niagara Falls photos, and it's embarrassing to have a poor photograph of oneself displayed for everyone to see.

TK - pardon my ignorance, but what's a Japanese hair straightening?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I love, love, love the tight curls you have in the group photo with Stevie. Seems like there's a great story that goes with the pic, but that'll be for another day. I know you don't blow dry your hair so that has to be paramount in any decision you make. You could get the best cut on the planet, but if if requires dryer maintenance -- you're done. I've only know you with long hair, but the shorter curly look is really cute on you. I'd go with that all day long.