Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Great Garth Cancellation Fiasco

Default Re: The Great Garth Cancellation Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    From Rolling Stone Magazine:

"Ireland’s people should never be embarrassed. Most loving people on earth," Brooks said. "If the prime minister himself wants to talk to me, I will craw, I will swim… I will drop on my knees and beg for those 400,000 people to have fun and come sing.

"If anyone on the planet is sad about [the cancellations], you're not one-billionth as sad as I am."
    To me, this is the key statement Brooks has made regarding this mess. It sounds like HE is more than willing to see these shows come to fruition but I wonder where his promoters/handlers stand. I don't dispute that revenues factor in for anyone who takes a big production on the road, especially to another country, but I believe he IS thinking of the fans as well. Garth has said repeatedly thru the years he knows his success wouldn't have been possible without the fans and I can't fathom that any entertainer attempting to make a comeback after ten years would want something like this hanging over their head. Garth himself has offered the olive branch so I think the situation warrants being monitored. I think delaying starting the ticket refund process may have been as much about a possible resolution as it was about ramping up for the volume of transactions. I don't think it's completely dead in the water just yet. There is entirely too much at stake for everyone concerned.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! What a mess, indeed. Hopefully, for the sake of the fans, they will get this sorted out soon. And, I agree, no entertainer wants this kind of black mark on their reputation by putting their fans through such a fiasco.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well all dates have now been officially cancelled. Garth pulled the plug last night.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well all dates have now been officially cancelled. Garth pulled the plug last night.

Can't believe they didn't come to some arrangement. Hard to know who to blame.

Fiasco
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sorry to hear this, Ga. I'm surprised they couldn't come to an agreement of some kind too. Lots of disappointed fans, I'm sure!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

What a huge disappointment for all concerned. Heartbreaking that they couldn't find a workable resolution.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I thought for sure they would figure something out.... how disappointing for you all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yeah, very disappointing. I suppose Garth couldn't hang around forever waiting for us to make up our minds.
    400,000 fans disappointed as well as all those ancillary businesses that would have seen this as a good opportunity for their business.

Also strangely enough the homeless. A leading homeless charity had been given permission to do a bucket collection outside the grounds. And when crowds are in good form, that usually translates into plenty of donations. Ain't gonna happen now.

Am I disappointed? A bit, not hugely, it's not like the Eagles had to cancel. Even Laura felt all this messing was turning her off going as well. LIKE she said the good had been taken out of it! I will get a full rebate on my tickets. And I had booked this before the Eagles Fall dates had been released. More $$ for New York!

Laura and I have bought his 'Ultimate Greatest Hits' we'll wear our Stetson and boots on the required night and play it away to our hears content!!

Oh and nearly 50% of the objections turned out to be bogus. You gotta wonder who was on what agenda here!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP