Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bon Jovi

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Bon Jovi

This was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. They apparently deserve an award for worst fan club out there. What a way to treat the fans. Love Bon Jovi but hope he isn't aware of this and someone soon brings it to his attention and gets it fixed. And we thought The Eagles tickets were expensive. Nothing compared to these tickets and fan club members getting seats as far back as 30 rows! WOW!!

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/...elf-to-be.html
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: Bon Jovi Fan Club

I can't say I'm surprised. There was a big scandal when the Fleetwood Mac fanclub did something similiar to fans who were members of the fan club; you got access to a presale that would supposedly put you in the first 20 rows; I signed up, forked over the fan club fee, and got back of the floor.

We all blamed Mick Fleetwood and the guy he hired, much like this author blames Matt Bon Jovi. However, it seems this kind of treatment is starting to become the industry standard.

Azoff once wrote that he did ILAA because fan clubs pissed people off, and I responded with "poorly-run fan clubs piss people off." This is a prime example.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yikes - this is really bad. You know it got me thinking that even though tickets to Eagles shows aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, maybe their fans don't have it so bad after all, comparatively speaking. I mean if this is what we are up against, I'd say at least we are getting to see a legendary band perform a 3-hours show for our money. Now, I don't mean to take anything away from Bon Jovi because I like them a lot, but there is no way they should command higher ticket prices than the Eagles. In spite of all our complaining about Irving's ILAA, I will have to say that I hear very few people complain about the treatment they received when attending an ILAA reception. I think ILAA tries very hard to make sure their patrons have a really good experience.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

OMG, I agree that their ticket prices really are outrageous! But I must admit that I paid out the @ss to see them 4 times last year myself... Mostly because Daughtry was opening for them, though. I paid quite a bit to see Nickleback last year too cuz' Daughtry was opening for them... I have to confess that I'm kinda addicted to Daughtry, traveled literally thousands of miles to see them 15 times already so far! The Eagles are by far my first love, but I think that Daughtry is kinda like the new generations' Eagles in a way... Daughtry really puts on an awesome live show!!! IMHO, Much better live then on CD. The bass player for Daughtry (Josh Paul) was the little boy playing drums in Henley's Boys of Summer video. But Bon Jovi really does put on a helluva show, too! That boy's still got it going on! They played for over 3 hrs. without even taking a break and I have to admit that I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good they were live! Not as good as the Eagles (of course) but very good still... Plus I got to hear Chris perform Blaze of Glory w/ them and it was frikkin' awesome! I've got a video of that performance up on YouTube if anyone is interested.....

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jags View Post
    I have to confess that I'm kinda addicted to Daughtry, traveled literally thousands of miles to see them 15 times already so far!
    OMG- 15 times! Do you really think your addicted?

I love Nickelback too. My nephew is going to one of their concerts soon. Would love to see them!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    OMG- 15 times! Do you really think your addicted?
    ummm, yeah maybe just a lil' bit!

It's ok to be addicted Jags That is why we are all here

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    It's ok to be addicted Jags That is why we are all here
    *sigh of relief* Thanks, that's very good of you to say so! My hubby however would not agree, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jags View Post
    *sigh of relief* Thanks, that's very good of you to say so! My hubby however would not agree, LOL!

I would say your hubby does not understand your addiction

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I would say your hubby does not understand your addiction
    Yeah, that's putting it rather mildly, LOL!