Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

When I was first becoming a fan, after The Greatest Hits the albums I bought were the The Dance, Rumours and the eponymous album Fleetwood Mac (1975).

I believe Rumours to be the best album ever made.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

New interview with Christine and Lindsey!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz30ZkqFCVm

This little line kind of bothered me a bit, but sounds like all is going well with them!

"Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

It bugged me too. I think "Collaborating with McVie on songs" and "do WITH you" would've gone over a lot better. CMV doesn't need Lindsey's help writing seeing as how she's written the vast majority of the band's hits!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

In addition to the Christine statement, his statement about Stevie is fueling a mentality among some Fleetwood Mac fans that she's not engaged and is holding up the process. There are some fans furiously condemning her, although we have no hard evidence that this is the case. I for one believe that she will do her part, and we will have a terrific new Fleetwood Mac album!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    It bugged me too. I think "Collaborating with McVie on songs" and "do WITH you" would've gone over a lot better. CMV doesn't need Lindsey's help writing seeing as how she's written the vast majority of the band's hits!
    Lindsey, to his credit, did describe their efforts as collaborative and only professed to "helping her write songs."

Here is the entire quote from the article as it appeared at least in the home edition of the L.A. Times:

"This was a great collaboration (to wit:"Too Far Gone") Buckingham said. "I had a track without any singing on it, and she wrote the song over it."

"We've been doing that quite a bit lately haven't we?" McVie said.

Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Randy Lewis, the author of the L.A. Times article, also stated that "Lindsey leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone" a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song they've written together......"

Hope these facts allay your fears about Lindsey taking too much credit where none is due.

Carol-Lynn
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 05-03-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Lindsey, to his credit, did describe their efforts as collaborative and only professed to "helping her write songs."

Here is the entire quote from the article as it appeared at least in the home edition of the L.A. Times:

"This was a great collaboration (to wit:"Too Far Gone") Buckingham said. "I had a track without any singing on it, and she wrote the song over it."

"We've been doing that quite a bit lately haven't we?" McVie said.

Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Randy Lewis, the author of the L.A. Times article, also stated that "Lindsey leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone" a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song they've written together......"

Hope these facts allay your fears about Lindsey taking too much credit where none is due.

Carol-Lynn
    I was well aware of the full quote before I posted. I could write an essay on my opinions but I'll just leave it at Lindsey occasionally has an overhealthy ego when it comes to this department.
    -Ali

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, what is Stevie up to if not there helping out?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

She's recording solo stuff with Dave Stewart in Nashville.
    -Ali

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    When I was first becoming a fan, after The Greatest Hits the albums I bought were the The Dance, Rumours and the eponymous album Fleetwood Mac (1975).

I believe Rumours to be the best album ever made.
    I appreciate the recommendations--I now have gotten all of these from the library (and more). I just want to say that I am in love with The Dance. Wow! Really enjoying these "new to me" CD's.