Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don's official website has gotten an overhaul

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

It's probably a cache issue. if you've visited Don's old site in the past, your browser may have stored the old images and may continue to show them despite the fact that the website has been changed. Refresh it and if it still doesn't show the new site, clear your cache.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Seriously, what the heck is going on? I've tried 3 times to go to Don's site (the new version) and sign up for the emails. Each time, my phone goes to the old site. Has anyone else gone to the new site and then tried to go back, but is sent to the old one?

I'm completely puzzled here, unless the designers have taken down the new one because it's not complete? Then again, the old one isn't complete either. I clicked on "biography" while there, and it says biography coming soon".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Soda, I did that and it's still sending me back to the old site. Just 20 minutes ago, I was on the new site.
    If it wasn't so late, I'd get on the computer to check. I'll try again later.

ETA: I even restarted my phone and that didn't work!
    -Kim-

I see the new one on both my computer and my cell phone.

Ok, this is weird. I've been clicking on the link posted on here to go to his site (I have it set up to display 40 posts instead of 10). I decided to use Google search and typed in Don's name. The writing under the official site on the search said "best of Don Henley available now",but when I clicked on it, I see the new site.
    -Kim-

Well, I'm signed up for the newsletter now, and that's what matters
    -Kim-

Default Re: Don's official website has gotten an overhaul

I think that there's something going on with the link, like it's redirecting me. (It's still doing that)
    If anyone has any problems like did with the link, search for Don on whatever search engine you use, and try going that route. It worked for me!
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's probably two or more servers with a proxy out front that does load balancing. Depending on when you try to access it, it sends you to one server or the other. Perhaps one has been upgraded and one has not, or the software up front has a bug in it. Or, they aren't done with it yet.

I've had issues with "Wonderful Union" myself, but on the other hand, when ordering from Joe's site, I made a mistake and ordered something twice. I didn't realize it and they called me to ask me if I'd meant to do that.

As with everything, you get the level of service you pay for, and while I'm not saying they are completely competent, I am saying it's likely they aren't being paid to be any better. As for orders getting filled, it's possible that's LiveNation. Wonderful Union just does the front end, as far as I know. Soda, for your back-ordered item for FM, it wouldn't hurt to contact LN as well and see.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Oh, I've done all that, VA. I spent hours trying to sort out the VIP mess with them. When you and several others get screwed over for hundreds of dollars, you make sure that you are dealing with the people responsible when you attempt to get matters resolved. I didn't just assume they were at fault! The vip thing was not through LN's site. In terms of the products, they have never advised me to contact LN but rather they have just blown me off.

I am glad you had a good experience though.

Anyway, it's great that the site is being updated and I look forward to new information being added.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh, I've done all that, VA. I spent hours trying to sort out the VIP mess with them. When you and several others get screwed over for hundreds of dollars, you make sure that you are dealing with the people responsible when you attempt to get matters resolved. I didn't just assume they were at fault! The vip thing was not through LN's site. In terms of the products, they have never advised me to contact LN but rather they have just blown me off.

I am glad you had a good experience though.

Anyway, it's great that the site is being updated and I look forward to new information being added.
    I had one great experience and several so-so experiences. I think you're many bad experiences far outweigh the good. Yet I'll say it again, the level of service is dictated by contract, and if it doesn't meet the contract, the entity in charge of the contract needs to enforce it. The fact that Don's site is run by them tells me that Eagles management doesn't see anything wrong with the performance of this company, and they feel they are getting what they pay for.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.