Page 153 of 166 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    So the Grand Old Opry thing really rubs me wrong.

My guess is they used Vince to get them in. Vince has a strong connection with the Grand Old Opry. It's a shame Vince couldn't have pulled those same strings when his buddy Glenn was in the band. Ugh. XM is broadcasting it. I won't be listening. I had a friend tag me in it today, they don't know I hate the new band and I was too tired to explain so I just "liked it" so they know I saw it. It hurt.
    "hate"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I totally agree about the legacy being secure that was a central point I made. I'm just saying what they believe
    Actually, I do not agree with you at all.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    "hate"

He said he hated what they were doing, as NKIT said, the direction they have taken. So do I, and I won't be told that I am happier complaining. I'm not going to just sit back & allow it to happen without making my feelings on it clear, not in this thread. I don't comment on the threads about the shows. I leave those for the people who agree with the situation. I completely disagree that their current shows constitute a 'public tribute'. They are shows being played as the Eagles with two people brought in to replace Glenn Frey. They have not been billed in any way as a 'public tribute'. It is not what I asked for, in any way, shape or form. So yes, I have rejected it (I am not going to go back & respond to every previous post, I'm just summing up). If you think they are still the Eagles, fine. But you will have to understand that others do not share this view.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    He said he hated what they were doing, as NKIT said, the direction they have taken. So do I, and I won't be told that I am happier complaining. I'm not going to just sit back & allow it to happen without making my feelings on it clear, not in this thread. I don't comment on the threads about the shows. I leave those for the people who agree with the situation. I completely disagree that their current shows constitute a 'public tribute'. They are shows being played as the Eagles with two people brought in to replace Glenn Frey. They have not been billed in any way as a 'public tribute'. It is not what I asked for, in any way, shape or form. So yes, I have rejected it (I am not going to go back & respond to every previous post, I'm just summing up). If you think they are still the Eagles, fine. But you will have to understand that others do not share this view.
    That's it.

I hate the new lineup, I hate them moving forward without who I consider the most important member, I hate them going back on their word regardless of their right to do so, I hate how greedy this feels, I hate the division it's caused, etc.

But I don't hate Don, Joe, and Tim. Or even Vince. Disappointed, you betcha. But I don't hate them, nor do I hate what I call the Eagles. I love the Eagles, they are my favorite band. But I do not consider a Glenn-less Eagles to still be Eagles. I don't hate the guys, I hate what they are doing and the decisions they've made.

Stuck on the Border

While we're at it, I don't find it very logical either to say that people who hate what they are doing now are actually acting on "hate" if one person has used the word "hate". Anyway, this discussion is "going nowhere fast".
    Last edited by chaim; 10-10-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Banned

I think we're putting way more stock in all of this than even the Eagles themselves. There's no way any of them are worried about legacy or the public perception from either casual fans or diehards like us. They put in 45 years and want to go out on less depressing terms, all while introducing the world to the son of their leader and most influential member. They're riding off into the sunset and trying to make people feel good in the process. This is the post script, the afterword, the epilogue. The story has been told already. The legacy is complete and immovable.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I'll just say that I do not think it's certain that this is a time limited last hurrah. Given what we're seeing now, I think it's entirely possible that Eagles will remain active for some time.

This comment is not meant to judge, or defend. It's just a comment on how the current situation appears to me.

Yep, kinda looks like no one is going to leave any money on the table especially now that their so called "experiment" appears to have enabled them with a way to capitalize on replacing Glenn Frey ... cue the video ... spotlight on ...

Well Done Azoff and Henley.

And THAT my friends is the sad reality ... Glenn Frey had been replaced and the Eagles legacy sold out. You don't have to agree but please, don't be naive or play the haters-gonna-hate card to silence disenchanted fans who have seen behind the curtain and are disgusted.
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Cool Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I think we're putting way more stock in all of this than even the Eagles themselves. There's no way any of them are worried about legacy or the public perception from either casual fans or diehards like us. They put in 45 years and want to go out on less depressing terms, all while introducing the world to the son of their leader and most influential member. They're riding off into the sunset and trying to make people feel good in the process. This is the post script, the afterword, the epilogue. The story has been told already. The legacy is complete and immovable.
    Sorry, the only part of this I can/will agree with is that it does appear none of Glenn's former band mates, new hires, managers, agents, promoters, and anyone else with their finger in the pie (so to speak) is worried about the Eagles legacy or public perception.

Hell no. That's what public relations firms are for, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That's it.

I hate the new lineup, I hate them moving forward without who I consider the most important member, I hate them going back on their word regardless of their right to do so, I hate how greedy this feels, I hate the division it's caused, etc.

But I don't hate Don, Joe, and Tim. Or even Vince. Disappointed, you betcha. But I don't hate them, nor do I hate what I call the Eagles. I love the Eagles, they are my favorite band. But I do not consider a Glenn-less Eagles to still be Eagles. I don't hate the guys, I hate what they are doing and the decisions they've made.
    i second that emotion.