Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan View Post
Are people actually comparing Glenn Frey's solo work to Don Henley's???

Frey had a handful of top 40 hits, but songs like The Heat is On and You Belong to the City, while successful commercially, are HURTING, not helping his HOF candidacy.

Right Said Fred had a hit with "I'm too Sexy for My Shirt", but that's not helping their case.

I'm not comparing Frey with Right Said Fred as artists. But top 40 hits need to be taken into context.

Henley is a borderline case for the HOF, but he had songs like EOI, BOS, LWE, HOTM, Dirty Laundry...on and on...but don't embarrass Glenn Frey's legacy comparing his solo stuff to Henley's. That's insane.
Wow. Calm down.

It is true some have dared to presume to speak of Don and Glenn's solo careers in the same breath.

However, never fear. Don has not been diminished in any way. Everyone has been saying he was the most successful Eagle overall, and that he should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His worthiness has not been questioned.

It's unfortunate that for some, it is not good enough to say "Don deserves it." They have to add, "And Glenn DOESN'T!!! He's nothing compared to DON!!!"

How much of Glenn's solo work have you actually listened to? It seems you are basing your assessment of his entire catalog on two songs. His solo work extends far beyond those, and his legacy is safe.