Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Geez, FP, talk about a party pooper! Okay, I get it that you consider him a Henley fan 'cos he ignored the others (mainly Glenn in your case) so you don't rate him but can you not at least show some enthusiasm that at least one of the guys is bringing out new material?
    I couldn't agree more DD - all I've seen on facebook all day is people complaining about Don keeping his new songs for himself and not handing them over to the Eagles to release as their new album!

Its been 15 years since "Inside Job" was released and 6 years since a "best of" was released so for once can't Henley fans have something to get excited over without all the complaining

I, for one, can't wait for the album and now have to starting praying that he includes Europe in his promotional tour
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, I am very excited about the news (I thought I said that already, but it bears repeating)!! I do like it when any of the guys put out new music, but Timothy put out an album in 2011 (I think that's when it was), and Glenn and Joe in 2012, so it is very definitely Don's turn. I've been waiting for this album very patiently () for a while now.

I really hope he gives more information at the concert tomorrow.

For the record, "this 'Steve Barnett' man" is the Chairman & CEO of Capitol Records. He got there because he knows success when he hears it. If he feels this way about Don's album, I'm hoping that means they'll support it and him more than some other experiences Don has had with record companies...

ETA: In regards to Don keeping these songs to himself and not making them 'Eagles' songs, I can agree with that to an extent. In my opinion, any of their solo songs sound better when performed by the Eagles. The mix of voices will always be better than hired back-ups. Yet I know it's important for all of them to maintain and add to their solo catalog. I certainly fully support Don putting these songs out solo, and as quickly as possible.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Sorry about not providing the blog link. I got it via Lefsetz's email newsletter and I didn't want to copy and paste. The blog solves things nicely, but I had forgotten about its existence, lol.

Timothy put out his album in 2009 - time flies!

For 5 years we've waited for Don to put out Cass County. It is his time indeed. I am incredibly excited to hear this album!! I see absolutely zero reason to be negative - unless the release date moves back again.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Geez, FP, talk about a party pooper! Okay, I get it that you consider him a Henley fan 'cos he ignored the others (mainly Glenn in your case) so you don't rate him but can you not at least show some enthusiasm that at least one of the guys is bringing out new material?
    I expected a comment like this, but to be honest I will show some enthusiasm when the album is released. He has been 'bringing out new material' since I don't know when. This topic was started in 2009.

I have no objection to Lefsetz being primarily a Henley fan but I did object to him referring to this as an Eagles album when it is no such thing. His style of writing irritates me too & it would do so no matter who he wrote about.

This is the Eagles album you’ve been waiting for.
    But is anybody waiting for an Eagles LP?

I'm sorry but I find that inexcusable and totally misleading.

However, I had no problem with him keeping these songs for himself. He is perfectly entitled to do so.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Expando was 2009? Then it sounds like Timothy needs to get on the stick and put out another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I agree, FP. Regardless of his opinions, he should be smart enough to realize he loses credibility by calling it an Eagles album when it isn't. The last statement lessens his credibility even further. His tone smacks of the Lebowski line that journalists with little depth say ("I hate the f'n Eagles") in order to try and sound 'cool'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I can't believe I'm defending Lefsetz but I believe, in this day and age, the acts that would put out an album and dominate the airwaves for several months just don't exist anymore. Albums come and go in a matter of weeks, if not days.

The Eagles last album, Long Road Out Of Eden, as much as I like it, ended up being recorded by Henley and Frey at two separate locations, burdened by compromise and a long period of productive inactivity.

LROOE really loosened the definition of an Eagles album. The gulf between LROOE material and solo Eagles material is negligible, the huge chasm is only in potential live audience.

I'm looking forward to a potential Henley media blitz to accompany Cass County's release. We haven't had one those for decades.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I can't believe I'm defending Lefsetz but I believe, in this day and age, the acts that would put out an album and dominate the airwaves for several months just don't exist anymore. Albums come and go in a matter of weeks, if not days.

The Eagles last album, Long Road Out Of Eden, as much as I like it, ended up being recorded by Henley and Frey at two separate locations, burdened by compromise and a long period of productive inactivity.

LROOE really loosened the definition of an Eagles album. The gulf between LROOE material and solo Eagles material is negligible, the huge chasm is only in potential live audience.

I'm looking forward to a potential Henley media blitz to accompany Cass County's release. We haven't had one those for decades.
    You can say that if you like. Certainly LROOE can sometimes sound like a collection of solo tracks. However LROOE is an Eagles album by virtue of the fact that all four members play & sing on it. Cass County is a Don Henley album. Describing it as an Eagles album, as I said, is wrong & misleading. How long it will stay in view is a completely different question which I am not prepared to answer.

Border Troubadour

Was just wondering about Cass County - again!!! Is there any word that Kenny Rogers might be featuring on it given his past history with Don? I think it would be great and be almost like coming full circle. I saw a picture on FB of Don and Dolly and I heard rumours that Vince Gill and maybe Merle Haggard are on it so I was just thinking of Kenny as I heard him this morning on the radio. He has a great voice - I'm kinda surprised he hasn't duetted with Don since they go back such a long way - but maybe they have - I'm open to correction.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Actually, Kenny and Don have dueted together before - a song called Calling Me. I'd love to hear them work together again, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just saw this on Facebook. Could Don really be putting out Cass County this year if he's doing this on June 11.

http://kticradio.com/abc_music-co/na...abcid35361850/