Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another contest for a Meet and Greet with Don!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Another contest for a Meet and Greet with Don!

This is for the Atlantic City show on July 17th. More details if you follow the link. Chideo sent me a Facebook message, which was nice of them!

https://www.chideo.com/experiences/d...Eagles_Concert
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Another contest for a Meet and Greet with Don!

I wonder if they're going to do this every year. That's cool if they will.

I'm going to enter again. I really want to see the Eagles and meet Don.

Trying to decide how much to donate... My sister and I just bought my mother a car and apparently we're paying her insurance as well. My mother and I are also making a trip to Hatteras at the end of the month to go to a memorial service for a cousin, so that's a lot of gas $$ and hotel $$. On the other hand, I want to meet Don!
    VK

I probably donate and also send in my entries like I did last year.

Did you guys notice that if you donate $50 or more, you might get some goodies? From the website:

• $50: Donor receives a digital thank you from Don Henley. (pre-recorded)
    • $100: Donor receives an Eagles Greatest Hits Money Clip. To the first 25 people who donate.
    • $250: Donor receives a History of the Eagles tour t-shirt and lithograph. To the first 25 people who donate.
    • $500: Donor receives The Studio Albums 1972 – 1979 Limited Edition Six-LP Boxed Set. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $1,500: Donor receives the History of the Eagles Limited Edition Box Set, tour t-shirt, plus an autographed lithograph. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $2,500: Donor receives an Eagles tour satin jacket, a personalized autographed lithograph and the History of the Eagles Limited Edition Box Set. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $5,000: Donor receives a signed guitar from Don Henley, plus a personalized autographed lithograph. To the first 10 people who donate.

I have to say - how harsh would it be if you donated $5000 and they were like, "Sorry, you're number 11" lol.

I go out of the country on July 21... I can just scrape this in if I win...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Did you guys notice that if you donate $50 or more, you might get some goodies? From the website:

• $50: Donor receives a digital thank you from Don Henley. (pre-recorded)
    • $100: Donor receives an Eagles Greatest Hits Money Clip. To the first 25 people who donate.
    • $250: Donor receives a History of the Eagles tour t-shirt and lithograph. To the first 25 people who donate.
    • $500: Donor receives The Studio Albums 1972 – 1979 Limited Edition Six-LP Boxed Set. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $1,500: Donor receives the History of the Eagles Limited Edition Box Set, tour t-shirt, plus an autographed lithograph. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $2,500: Donor receives an Eagles tour satin jacket, a personalized autographed lithograph and the History of the Eagles Limited Edition Box Set. To the first 10 people who donate.
    • $5,000: Donor receives a signed guitar from Don Henley, plus a personalized autographed lithograph. To the first 10 people who donate.

I have to say - how harsh would it be if you donated $5000 and they were like, "Sorry, you're number 11" lol.

I go out of the country on July 21... I can just scrape this in if I win...
    It may be browser dependent, but when you select one or put your mouse over it (I forget which), it tells you if there are any left.

ETA: It says 'limited quantity' on ones where there's some left, and if you click on a level it will say how many are left. Right now, there are 22 of 25 left on the $250 level. There's 9 of 10 left for the 5000$ level, which means somebody made a $5000 donation and gets 3000 entries!
    VK

Um, anyone read some of the bumf at the bottom of the page?
    "and the opportunity for a meet and greet with Eagles legend Don Henley (subject to his availability)".
    Though presumably that clause is there purely in case he's ill, or something prevents him performing in the show that evening. I certainly wouldn't be impressed if he threw a hissy fit and refused to 'meet and greet' if he'd been/was about to go on stage.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Don has never backed out on such a commitment to my knowledge, and I daresay he takes his obligations to Walden Woods very seriously.

Me bad. (Sorry, Don.)
    I think it was because that I was a little stunned at the 'subject to availability' bit that my brain forgot the 'Walden Woods' bit at the beginning. As you say, Don seems very committed to WW and is therefore unlikely to back out of this M&G.

(Admittedly, I only commented in the first place as I remember some negative press when the Eagles as a group did a supposed M&G for winners of a competition - somewhere in Canada? - and most of them were scowling in a group photo. Can't remember the full story, but it was something along the lines of a newspaper ran a competition to meet the Eagles but the Eagles denied any knowledge of it.)

I think I know what you're talking about. They played a festival in Canada that apparently was not what they had bargained for and they weren't happy about it... unfortunately, it showed in their faces, which was unprofessional of them - but I guess they're just human.

Re: the M&G, I think you were right that the clause exists in case some kind of emergency arises that makes it absolutely impossible for him to come (God forbid).