Thread: Joni Mitchell, CSN&Y

Default Joni Mitchell, CSN&Y

We were surfing a web looking for something (which we never found!) and came across this article. Not only did we find it interesting, there are several links at the bottom we also found pretty interesting. While the focus of the articles is Joni Mitchell, there is lot of CSN&Y and, the reason I'm posting this, several mentions of the Eagles and several quotes from Glenn in one article.

http://selvedgeyard.com/2015/03/25/l...ss-the-eagles/

(Moderator, if this should be someplace else, please move it.)
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joni Mitchell, CSN&Y

I remember reading it before but it's interesting to read again for the quotes from Joni Mitchell, J D Souther and Henry Diltz. Overall, I wasn't keen on the article because I was always wondering who I was reading. Sometimes it was a quote, with the name at the bottom and sometimes it was "Jon Patrick", whoever he might be. I think the quotes were intended to be in italics with his own comentary in plain text, but he gets it wrong. I like to know something of the writer so that I can consider whether they are writing from knowledge or just giving an opinion.

I think it's valid for Jon Patrick to be less keen on the Eagles than the other artists but along with his opinion, he's making statements that may not be true (eg "Their sole ambition was always to achieve commercial success.") and while I'm impressed that he's correctly identified Paul Ahern and his relationship to the Eagles, that he gives Ahern most of the credit for the Eagles success is questionable.

I needed to get that off my chest.

Nice pictures, as always, from Henry Diltz.

ETA: Answering myself about who Jon Patrick is, it seems he's just a guy with a website. http://www.theselfcenteredman.com/mo...selvedge-yard/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA, UTW. I'm not impressed with this writer. This link was posted in another thread not very long ago, IIRC. I think I made similar comments about it then.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border