Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Now what are new readers going to think, T&H, that when you see Glenn's purrfect butt you think of me? Never mind that I thought of you as well!
    hahaha!

well they'll just have to do some catching up in the Frey Fever thread and they'll see what the inside joke is!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

someone finally posted one!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-zTcJUEBM&feature=share&list=UUizrI5ISPFeHpXHBX1F5D KQ&index=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-zTcJUEBM&feature=share&list=UUizrI5ISPFeHpXHBX1F5D KQ&index=1[/ame]
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

LOVE IT!!!
    Thank you T&H!

very nice, especially the beginning, thanks TH!

Out on the Border

But, one nice thing about being late for the show, I did manage to miss, although not intentionally I might add, J.D. and the Straight Shot. To be fair, James Dolan's band is not that bad, but I think what distresses most Eagle fans, in particular, is how he seems to have become their first choice for their opening act.
    I don't think the Eagles had any choice in the opening act at the Forum. Mr. Dolan and Irving Azoff teamed up in renovating the Forum. MSG invested 125 mil. into Azoff's company last year. Azoff manages Mr. Dolan's band too. They are old buddies. It's Mr. Dolan's building. It's only fitting that he played.

I give Mr. Dolan props for saving the Forum (and the Beacon in NY and renovating the Garden) and getting up in front of an almost empty arena and playing.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Awesome, T&H - thank you! That was great.

This is something I've been wondering since the beginning of the tour - does anyone else think that Bernie's guitar looks really small on him, or is it just me? Does he use a small guitar? Or is it because his upper body is so buff?

Welcome, Insider.

I found a video of the guys singing 7BR on Youtube from the one and only time they sung it at the Forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9X_l97ryCo

It looks like she has more clips from the January 15th show, but I don't have time to post them. I'm about to leave work in a few minutes and then heading to the hair salon to get my hair done. I hope its still there until I get home tonight. I want to watch some of them.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-24-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Shoot, how I wish they'd performed SBR and How Long more than that one time on this tour. It sounded even better in person.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

First off - welcome, insider!

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider View Post
    I don't think the Eagles had any choice in the opening act at the Forum. Mr. Dolan and Irving Azoff teamed up in renovating the Forum. MSG invested 125 mil. into Azoff's company last year. Azoff manages Mr. Dolan's band too. They are old buddies. It's Mr. Dolan's building. It's only fitting that he played.
    Yeah, but he's been opening for the Eagles for years now. I first saw him opening for Don Henley back in 2009. At the time, I didn't know who he was, and wondered how he got the gig. Now I know.

I give Mr. Dolan props for saving the Forum (and the Beacon in NY and renovating the Garden) and getting up in front of an almost empty arena and playing.
    I give him props for investing in those venues, too - but as for playing in front of an almost empty arena - well, let's just say I think there's a reason it's almost empty when he's playing!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten