Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately89 View Post
    Timothy was as cool as he's ever been. He crushed lwkua.

My moves have been known to enrage
    These two quotes made my day.

Jane B. thank you as well for your thoughtful reviews. I too am a vegetarian, and in a new development, my husband and I aren't drinking, so I was worried that our VIP experience would not be worthwhile. I know the food isn't the same at each venue, but it sounds like the spread was good enough for you to find something you liked. With my husband newly sober and pretty fragile, I'm considering skipping the VIP part altogether. If it is just a big party, that might be hard for him. Maybe get cokes and go right to our seats. What else happens in the VIP part?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    These two quotes made my day.

Jane B. thank you as well for your thoughtful reviews. I too am a vegetarian, and in a new development, my husband and I aren't drinking, so I was worried that our VIP experience would not be worthwhile. I know the food isn't the same at each venue, but it sounds like the spread was good enough for you to find something you liked. With my husband newly sober and pretty fragile, I'm considering skipping the VIP part altogether. If it is just a big party, that might be hard for him. Maybe get cokes and go right to our seats. What else happens in the VIP part?
    MaryCalifornia:

It probably is different at every show, of course, and I wasn't sure what to expect, either, so I'll just tell you about the Tacoma VIP thing:

I'm always just one of "the masses" so it was kind of cool, having our own side entrance and just waltzing into the venue! They searched my purse, and then we just had to show a picture ID (drivers license) and sign in; I met a funny lady, Pam, in line and she said that the September Seattle VIP was unorganized and hectic, but the one on Monday was very calm and smooth; The host was Helen and she was amazing...for example, we were dropped off by cab so she okayed my friends' using our VIP parking spot, no problem at all...she was friendly and funny!

Our buffet was in a huge space and there was Eagles music playing and it was a nice, long food table with chicken and salmon and a few other things for entrees...But also, the vegetarian dishes were really good: a few different salads, sautéed veggies, antipasto, rice, mashed potatoes, breads and rolls (and probably more)...also a huge selection of fancy desserts!

There were coupons for 2 free drinks (beer and wine) and there was also free soda, water and coffee; It was a friendly vibe, but very sedate and laid back...in fact, Pam said her table was stuffy and boring so she moved over with us! It really didn't feel as if people were drinking much, at least no one was loud or carried away!

As we finished eating, they started the raffle and by then my other friends had phoned and were out in the venue bar, so I went out and joined them...my husband stayed at the table for the raffle (didn't win anything) and he picked up our 2 gift bags at 7:15 (concert started at 8:00). Oh, and I forgot that you can also go to the merchandise stand and buy t-shirts and things before it opens to the public, so you avoid the lines.

All in all, I thought it was really nice! I'm reluctant to encourage you to go to yours, since yours might be totally different...?! But if my experience was any indication, I'd say that the drinking thing wasn't a big deal and that you would feel comfortable not drinking, and also you would find a decent selection of food that you would like!

Don't forget, you can always cruise though and check it out and then just leave at any time!

I understand your situation...I was imagining a wild party atmosphere myself! But actually, it was a lot of "kids" (in their 40's) with their parents and sweet groups like that! I'm jealous, just thinking about it...wish I could relive the whole thing again! You'll have a wonderful time, VIP Party or not! Let us know how everything goes! Enjoy, Enjoy!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

This is excellent information, thank you, Jane. It sounds very laid back. I want those gift bags - we're going!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again to everyone for the reviews and comments about the show. I'm glad to hear that, once again, the band gave it their all. I have been to several VIP receptions over the years and I usually find them enjoyable. I went to them when they were hosted by both 'I Love All Access' and 'VIP LiveNation', but I haven't been to one hosted by this new company so I can't compare it to the others, although it sounds very similar. I do think my 'I Love All Access' experience was a little better than 'VIP LiveNation', but only slightly.

Re: the setlist for the show, I would be very surprised if they changed anything at this point, but it is certainly possible. According to both those articles that tbsfan posted, they did drop Peaceful Easy Feeling; however, the rest of it seems to be the same. Do any of you remember if they played Peaceful Easy Feeling? And Hotel California has always been by itself as the first encore for this tour. The second encore is Take It Easy, Rocky Mountain Way, and Desperado. Here is a link to the thread with the setlist that is usually performed on this tour:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4668

There have been a few shows performed with a shortened setlist, but the full-length show setlist has remained unchanged since this tour kicked off in July, 2013.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Re: the setlist for the show, I would be very surprised if they changed anything at this point, but it is certainly possible. According to both those articles that tbsfan posted, they did drop Peaceful Easy Feeling;
    Actually the Tacoma Weekly review I posted did say they played Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Bassist Timothy Schmit joined in for “Peaceful Easy Feeling,” a hit for the Eagles in 1972;
    I agree that it would be very surprising for them to change the setlist at this point.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks tbsfan. I, obviously, didn't actually read the articles. I just scanned the setlist and noticed PEF was missing from both setlist. I figured it was an error because this is when they have introduce Timothy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    This is excellent information, thank you, Jane. It sounds very laid back. I want those gift bags - we're going!!
    YAY! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    (sorry, I am not great at keeping up with everything...which show are you going to?)

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

MC - you should definitely go if only for a little bit. The very few that I have been to in the past 2 years have been pretty tame and it is a great place to meet other Eagles fans. I don't drink either but have a wonderful time just listening to everyone's concert experiences. If it gets too bad you could always go hang out at the merchandise stand until they start the raffle and give out the gift bags which is at the end of the VIP dinner. Whatever you decide, it will be the beginning of a wonderful night & concert!!

Out on the Border

I go to many concerts at Key and the Dome and I have never been to one so strict. I never use my phone to text during a snow, but I always turn my brightness all the way down and have the tour set list on my phone so I can follow along, but I was afraid I was going to get eaten by staff there if I even looked at my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Micheleb4 View Post
    I agree that the music last night at the Tacoma Dome was fabulous. Unfortunately the evening was nearly ruined by the incredibly weird rules and all the security needed to enforce these rules. We arrived late so missed the announcement about cell phones. I took my phone out to check my messages from my kids and the security, aka gestapo was there within a minute. I haven't been to a concert in many years that didn't allow cell phones but oh well I figured not that big a deal. I was surprised at the very subdued crowd. There wasn't a single person standing. When I went to satnd during a great song, the gestapo was immediately at my side telling me to sit down! I was pretty stunned that they were not allowing people to stand! This is very typical concert behavior. The people behind us asked the security folks at the intermission and were told we would be allowed to stand on the 5th song of the 2nd half. I cant think of many things worse than sitting through a concert. Another issue I had was that there also weren't any concession sales on the floor. This, too, was a first time in a long time I haven't seen people milling around selling snacks and drinks. So if you wanted anything to eat or drink, you had to trek out of the concert to get it. So while the music was fab, the issues I had were ones that definitely impacted my experience. I ultimtaley had to leave my seat and go to a designated standing area that was behind the seats I paid good money for! Very strange.
    I felt the same about the 2 shows I went to in London back in June. The 'rules' almost spoiled the shows for me too. The atmosphere wasn't like it used to be at Eagles shows.
    I also felt that the set list did little to help on the sitting/ standing issue. The set-list didn't 'flow' like it usually does. After the intermission, the audience stood up, then sat down, then stood up again, etc....... and were looking around before they stood up, to check if others were standing; no-one wanted to be the first to stand & get told off by the gestapo.
    If anyone reached for their phone, the gestapo jumped up in about 2 seconds. They also seemed to expect us to pass the message along the row to someone sat near the middle - thus disturbing at least half of the people on the row. I wanted to tell them to 's*d off'.

I'm disappointed to hear that they're still holding on to all these 'rules' - they must be aware that the audiences aren't happy about it. The newspaper reviews from the European shows all commented, and, on the whole, not favourably. Still, as long as the Eagles can sell seats & make money, why should they care? and, it seems they don't.

Yes, Steph is a disillusioned, and still-upset-after-two-months, long time Eagles fan.