Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harvey's, Tahoe, Stateline, NV - 8/29/2014

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Harvey's, Tahoe, Stateline, NV - 8/29/2014

Yep - I agree too. Since this review is riddled with contradictions and errors, I think I'm going to file it under the 'take it with a grain of salt' category until we can get some further details or confirmation.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Setlist.fm posted this setlist for both nights. I know they usually aren't very accurate, but it makes more sense time wise (19 songs). Even though it doesn't include Dirty Laundry, it's probably closer to the actual setlist than the one posted by the reviewer.

How Long
    Take It to the Limit
    Train Leaves Here This Morning
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Witchy Woman
    Already Gone
    Lyin' Eyes
    One of These Nights
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Heartache Tonight
    Those Shoes
    In the City
    (Joe Walsh song)
    Life's Been Good
    (Joe Walsh song)
    Funk #49
    (James Gang cover)
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Encore:
    Hotel California
    Take It Easy
    Rocky Mountain Way
    (Joe Walsh song)
    Desperado

Stuck on the Border

If Dirty Laundry wasn't played, what is all this about?

I am probably alone in this, but the highlight for me was when the band performed Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry”. I absolutely love that song (growing up in the 80s, it just sounds so 80s to me)… Looking at past set lists from other shows, they don’t seem to play this one too much, so I was very pleasantly surprised. This song also made awesome use of that aforementioned video screen behind the stage. As the song rocked out, they cut in snippets of video from various news media (with a heavy emphasis on Fox News), reality (sensationalist) talk shows, and tabloid headlines. The one thing that I thought was weird, standing at the back of the venue at this point, was that this was the song where masses of the audience made a run to the concession stands… probably the bulk of the crowd was more into the traditional rock and roll music rather than this one song with the distinct 80s bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If Dirty Laundry wasn't played, what is all this about?

I am probably alone in this, but the highlight for me was when the band performed Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry”. I absolutely love that song (growing up in the 80s, it just sounds so 80s to me)… Looking at past set lists from other shows, they don’t seem to play this one too much, so I was very pleasantly surprised. This song also made awesome use of that aforementioned video screen behind the stage. As the song rocked out, they cut in snippets of video from various news media (with a heavy emphasis on Fox News), reality (sensationalist) talk shows, and tabloid headlines. The one thing that I thought was weird, standing at the back of the venue at this point, was that this was the song where masses of the audience made a run to the concession stands… probably the bulk of the crowd was more into the traditional rock and roll music rather than this one song with the distinct 80s bent.
    Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that DL wasn't played. I didn't doubt that they played it since the above quote proves that they did. I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of the Setlist.fm site because they did, in fact, play DL. The setlist site just indicated that it was a shorter show with no intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    the pics are spectacular, the sunset is really beautiful and the pics of the band and backing musicians is very good, much more thorough than what we usually see
    I agree. Great photos. Nice one of my darling Will, shame he's got a beard again though!

p.s. did you realise that if you double click om the photos they come up much bigger?

Tons of great pics! Thanks for sharing the link

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fabulous photos! And I'm wondering why they changed the setlist after all this time? Seems strange to me.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

They probably played another festival. So the playlist will be short. I'm really surprise they played Train Leaves Here This Morning and did Bernie stay on the stage without the whole show or left since they weren't no intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    The photos are awesome & what a gorgeous sunset!!

In the photo of the merchandise stand, there is a Take It Easy t-shirt. I don't remember seeing it at other concerts. I like it! Hope they have it at NYC.
    They had this t shirt in Portland so I think they will have. Hope so!