Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forum, 22nd September 1976

Default The Forum, 22nd September 1976

To any mods, sorry if this seems to be in the wrong category.

When I first became a fan of the Eagles, I heard some songs of Eagles Live, and then 40th Anniversary. Amazing songs from The Forum. And just like Capital Center, I thought this was it. Nothing more would be released by stingy Henley and Azoff. But I was wrong. And glad that I was wrong.

Because I found the full concert of this, courtesy of a great friend of mine. This is from the last of the 3 nights at the Forum they did. I bet most of you thought that this was not even there. But it is, and I hope, sincerely you would all see this and enjoy and gush over it, just like I did. Great setlist with some new songs (at the time) from Hotel California, as well as concert staples and Joe Walsh stuff. Randy fans will LOVE TITTL. It is a beautiful, raw soulful rendition. But alas, Midnight Flyer was cut due to overwhelming audience noise. Funk #49 is not complete as well as Witchy Woman. But otherwise, amazing setlist and good quality audio. From this night, New Kid in Town was put in Eagles Live. Carol is also there!

Here is the link. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtvc1tB8HY
    The chemistry... nuff said

Default Re: The Forum, 22nd September 1976

Thanks for the link, cosec. I listened to about 1/2 so far. Is this an audience recording? It seems that way from some of the dialogue overheard throughout. I wish I could understand what Glenn is saying during his banter. He ad libs something towards the end of Lyin Eyes too (“can’t lose faith/face”?).

I’m disappointed that once again, Outlaw Man does not adequately highlight the bass solo. In this case, the bass is mixed too low and it’s hard to hear.

It’s cool to hear the explosion of applause for the “older” hits from OOTN. Apparently NKIT and Wasted Time are the same versions as in the Live album.

I agree that TITTL is awesome! I’m surprised it wasn’t used for Live and it sounds different from the version on the 40th Anniversary album. I love Glenn’s comment at the end: “we get to hear him sing that every night, we love it”. For anyone interested, it starts at 36:15.

More thoughts on the rest later.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the link, cosec. I listened to about 1/2 so far. Is this an audience recording? It seems that way from some of the dialogue overheard throughout. I wish I could understand what Glenn is saying during his banter. He ad libs something towards the end of Lyin Eyes too (“can’t lose faith/face”?).

I’m disappointed that once again, Outlaw Man does not adequately highlight the bass solo. In this case, the bass is mixed too low and it’s hard to hear.

It’s cool to hear the explosion of applause for the “older” hits from OOTN. Apparently NKIT and Wasted Time are the same versions as in the Live album.

I agree that TITTL is awesome! I’m surprised it wasn’t used for Live and it sounds different from the version on the 40th Anniversary album. I love Glenn’s comment at the end: “we get to hear him sing that every night, we love it”. For anyone interested, it starts at 36:15.

Wow! Thanks for the reply! I honestly gave up on expecting replies for this post! Really appreciate it. Now I will address your points:

1)It is obviously an audience recording. The only soundboard without a pro shot vid available is 1980 The Forum.

2)Yeah, it is hard to hear any in between talks, music is good enough to me though. Lyin' Eyes was a wash for me though. I liked the Long Run versions the most.

3)Hate to break this to you, there is no Randy bass solo anymore. It's like as if they relegated Randy's place in this song to just "normal" bass. Felder and Frey are now the main focuses. They stopped Randy's solo since Walsh came in and changed the arrangement.

4)Yeah they are in Eagles Live. Fact: Hotel California from this night is featured in the Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition live tracks. They also overdubbed Joe Walsh's solo. He stuffs it up in his part, if you haven't heard already.

5)No offence, but Randy's notes are better from the night of 20th Sept. (the Eagles Live one) than this. I may be wrong, but I feel this was the night which they took for the Hotel California 40th Anniversary live tracks.

Hope you share this with more people. Desperado is cut out to prevent copyrights (screw Henley and Azoff) but, amazing version.

Speaking of more stuff, my friends (they own the channel) might just get video of 1994 Giants Stadium as well as 1980 Santa Monica. If they get 1980 esp, I might have a slight heartattack!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the reply! I honestly gave up on expecting replies for this post! Really appreciate it. Now I will address your points:

1)It is obviously an audience recording. The only soundboard without a pro shot vid available is 1980 The Forum.

2)Yeah, it is hard to hear any in between talks, music is good enough to me though. Lyin' Eyes was a wash for me though. I liked the Long Run versions the most.

3)Hate to break this to you, there is no Randy bass solo anymore. It's like as if they relegated Randy's place in this song to just "normal" bass. Felder and Frey are now the main focuses. They stopped Randy's solo since Walsh came in and changed the arrangement.

4)Yeah they are in Eagles Live. Fact: Hotel California from this night is featured in the Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition live tracks. They also overdubbed Joe Walsh's solo. He stuffs it up in his part, if you haven't heard already.

5)No offence, but Randy's notes are better from the night of 20th Sept. (the Eagles Live one) than this. I may be wrong, but I feel this was the night which they took for the Hotel California 40th Anniversary live tracks.

Hope you share this with more people. Desperado is cut out to prevent copyrights (screw Henley and Azoff) but, amazing version.

Speaking of more stuff, my friends (they own the channel) might just get video of 1994 Giants Stadium as well as 1980 Santa Monica. If they get 1980 esp, I might have a slight heartattack!

Cheers
    You’re welcome.

3) AFAIK, Randy still had a bass solo as of 1976 although it changed from the studio version and earlier live renditions.

5) whether it is “better” or not is a matter of opinion. As much as I love TITTL from Live, I’m well aware of all the studio overdubbing on that album and that includes Randy’s (although I don’t know exactly which parts he overdubbed). I only heard the bootleg version once so it could well be the same as the one on the 40th Anniversary, although I thought there were subtle differences not just in the high notes but other parts. I could be wrong, of course.

I think the 1994 Giants concert is the one where they look pissed off. The 1980 Santa Monica concert would be cool.

BTW, perhaps the thread title should be October not September?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

You’re welcome.

3) AFAIK, Randy still had a bass solo as of 1976 although it changed from the studio version and earlier live renditions.

5) whether it is “better” or not is a matter of opinion. As much as I love TITTL from Live, I’m well aware of all the studio overdubbing on that album and that includes Randy’s (although I don’t know exactly which parts he overdubbed). I only heard the bootleg version once so it could well be the same as the one on the 40th Anniversary, although I thought there were subtle differences not just in the high notes but other parts. I could be wrong, of course.

I think the 1994 Giants concert is the one where they look pissed off. The 1980 Santa Monica concert would be cool.

BTW, perhaps the thread title should be October not September?
    Thanks for replying again. Can you please give me a good live version of Outlaw Man where Randy's bass solo was there? I'd love to hear it. But I really cannot hear in the OOTN tour performances.

And about TITTL, I understand. But I am slightly doubtful about overdubs. I mean, Randy was not in the band by the time. I am not sure about Randy coming back. But they are infamous for overdubs either way.

Idk about Giants Stadium where they are pissed off. Where did you hear that from? And it looks like most probably we are getting Giants Stadium and others. Doubting Santa Monica.

And finally, it should be October. How to change the title now?

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome! How is it in your opinion? Any songs of note to you?

I was listening to the Long Run live and after it Glenn says “we get to hear him sing that every night, we love it”. I assume they must have gotten that comment from the TITTL live and edited it in. Why not just put it on the take it to the limit live? I love that comment too

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I was listening to the Long Run live and after it Glenn says “we get to hear him sing that every night, we love it”. I assume they must have gotten that comment from the TITTL live and edited it in. Why not just put it on the take it to the limit live? I love that comment too

If I may say so, that makes that album even more of a fraud if they couldn't even be bothered matching the post song comment with the correct song or even year. That has been bafflling me for decades. I didn't think the performance of The Long Run (a song I dislike) was so great as to elicit that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If I may say so, that makes that album even more of a fraud if they couldn't even be bothered matching the post song comment with the correct song or even year. That has been bafflling me for decades. I didn't think the performance of The Long Run (a song I dislike) was so great as to elicit that comment.
    I have to agree - moving his compliment of Randy's vocal and applying it to another vocal entirely is really lame and makes the whole thing seem pretty phony. At least the music is good.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten