Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews and Comments about Timothy's album "Leap of Faith"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album "Leap of Faith"

It makes good background music when I'm working. I find it soothing but upbeat. The only problem is that it makes me want to book a holiday - early favourites are "The Island" and "Slow Down".

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Finally got to listen to it on Spotify and love it!!! Really like the country and island themes as well. Love he wrote that for Glenn in the jacket.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I saw that Houston Baby and wondered if anyone else had. Nothing flashy, just sweet and evocative of so many memories. I love it. Very understated just like Timothy.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I am loving this CD! And the autograph! I did see the dedication. So simple, but so meaningful.

Default Re: Reviews and Opinions about Tim's album "Leap of Faith"

Since Timothy's album is out now, I thought I would make a new thread for thoughts about the music separate from our anticipation. I took the liberty of moving the posts from the other thread which were discussing the songs over to here.

I can't wait to get the album myself!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Did anyone catch the interview with Jim Ladd on Sirius radio? I've read that it was long and good. (I don't think there's a way of listening to Sirius outside the US)

Banned

Tim's album, Leap Of Faith, is available at CD Baby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/timothybschmit2

In the early days of internet shopping, CD Baby was one of many U.S. retailers I bought CDs from and was impressed enough to keep a mental note of the name. I'm not surprised they are still going strong while others have fallen by the wayside or have been sucked into Amazon.

I'm surprised at how quickly posts about Leap Of Faith have dried up. I'm still getting into it. Current fave is I Refuse. Initially I thought it's way off Tim's musical territory but it's grown on me. Is it Tim playing the guitar solo?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Did anyone catch the interview with Jim Ladd on Sirius radio? I've read that it was long and good. (I don't think there's a way of listening to Sirius outside the US)
    I caught it, UTW, and it really was very good. Jim Ladd is so good at what he does so Timothy really had a chance to talk at length about the origin of his thinking on the new songs, where he pulls from when he's writing (his life and his heart, of course), and a little about his past work with Poco and the Eagles. There was a tribute time for Glenn which was very touching, both men being audibly moved in their remembrances.
    I actually spent the whole two hours that spanned the interview in my car that night, driving the city and the burbs, just listening.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Tim's album, Leap Of Faith, is available at CD Baby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/timothybschmit2

In the early days of internet shopping, CD Baby was one of many U.S. retailers I bought CDs from and was impressed enough to keep a mental note of the name. I'm not surprised they are still going strong while others have fallen by the wayside or have been sucked into Amazon.

I'm surprised at how quickly posts about Leap Of Faith have dried up. I'm still getting into it. Current fave is I Refuse. Initially I thought it's way off Tim's musical territory but it's grown on me. Is it Tim playing the guitar solo?
    I've been listening to this CD daily, snippets always coming to mind as I go about my daily business. I'm prejudiced, of course, but I just love it. I find it difficult to pick favorites, as I can appreciate the different styles and tones that span the recording. I think it shows the range of his talents.

Re: I Refuse-
    Awesome song! I love it when the bass kicks in hard.
    Tim plays both electric guitar and bass on this recording, with Hank Linderman credited on Lead. Can someone who attended one of the live concerts help out with the solo information? I'm going to presume it's Timothy unless someone knows otherwise.
    "I Refuse to be part of your downfall
    You'll have to go it alone" ......

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Is the show available on archive to subscribers or only when it's transmitted? Not that that makes any difference to me. However, if anyone felt able to write up what was said in more detail, I'd love to read. (LuvTim, I understand that it would have been difficult for your to take notes as you drove around but I'm glad you were able to listen). I'm so used to everything being available online, that it's a shock when it isn't.